SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#198625 - 05/03/06 07:37 PM TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Dnj Offline

Ok Ive had a Tyros 2 for 24 hours & believe me Ive been up 20 of them setting up this wonderful KB.....without a doubt it is one of the best sounding KB I have ever played & aside from that it is a "Players" navagtional dream machine too....alot of thought went into this T2 & Im glad I waited to this point to get one. I acually saved all my 3k informaton including Reg info/user styles,which really help speed the process of getting the t2 setup for gigging starting tommorow night & thruout the weekend with some big jobs coming up.
Yes I have also let go my Bose PAS, & I have no regrets eiher .....regardless of what people may think about the stereo issue I believe with the T2 it would be a big dis-service to not use two seperate powered speakers in stereo to really get the most of what the T2 can do, & to my ears there is a difference Ive been A/B'ing with two powered speakers all day...
in a week or so I'll go shoping for another PA of some sought we'll see when I play it in the stores......

Gettng in & out of the T2 is a breeze almost like a 3k on steroids feature wise, most things work the same.....BUT the sounds is lighyears above anythng Ive heard in a long time, drums have really inmproved....lets just say the Ketron Drums are like listening to a Great rock band LIVE....and the T2's drums are like hearing the SAME Rock band on a CD just a bit more fine tuned .....honestly this baby kicks big time!!!!....Ive have no problems with the Vocalizer either just set up the perimeters and its fine......having a seperate Mic Vol control is a pleasure.....the large display is great, its clear and Ive loaded many text files with no problem, they come up and look fine on screen, thats a real nice feature for sure....
The SA sounds are unbelievable when used properly they really show off the nuances of the sounds being used, strings are unreal & I got my Growl sax back!! ..... most factory OTS setups are really good too.... Ive noticed many styles have been reworked from the 3k and they have some how put it together better with flowing intros & variations that stay in the same family when progressing from 1-4 etc, etc ....styles cover almost any genre rit out of the box....great keyfeel its a bit more sturdier& firm too.
I know I'll have more to say down the road.....but I'm glad I got one it really makes you be a inspired player when you have a superb tool to work with.....

Whats a good place to get a HD I was thinking 80/100G?

#198626 - 05/03/06 08:45 PM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-03-2006).]

#198627 - 05/03/06 09:44 PM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Donny, did you actually ever try it with the Bose?
DonM

#198628 - 05/03/06 11:14 PM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Congratulations Donny.
Share a tune or two when you feel comfortable and have time. Please, please please make it a 44.1 KHz mp3.
Theodore

#198629 - 05/04/06 03:24 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have the T2 and the pleasure of being in a band that uses 4 double bass Bose PAS systems.
Yes using the T2 in stereo is where you can get the true sound but for a limited amount of people,.

I actually think the PAS system has a bigger sweet spot for stereo imaging than conventional stuff.

Also yes the drums are better but playing back a midi file, sometimes still doesn't cut it like a midjay does

#198630 - 05/04/06 03:32 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Donny,

I had the same sentiments within the 1st 24 hours of owning the T2. I love it even more now after owning it for many months because I really appreciate the sounds, design, and ergonomics more intimately. I have been able to overcome almost every shortcoming on the keyboard. My only gripe is the linkage between the MusicFinder database and Registrations. Yamaha really failed in this area. I'm sure they could fix it with a new OS release if enough people complain.

I agree with you on the stereo issue. That's why I run a Stereo Powered Mixer with two Peavey PR10's and PR15's. I separate the two speakers and marvel at the stereo separation. My setup is light, cheap, and plenty powereful; Behreinger PMX2000, (2) PR10's for small venues, PR15's for large venues. Check it out. My whole setup with two keyboards (Korg Triton Ex 76), sound system, gig bag, stand, etc. fits on the Rock 'n Roller cart.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#198631 - 05/04/06 03:57 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Congrats on getting the T2, join the club.
I've just part exchanged my SD1 for a Motif MO (the 88 note one), only had to pay an extra £200 so a good deal. I can't wait for this to come with the weighted keys and the superb piano sounds. This should be ideal for use with the T2

#198632 - 05/04/06 05:51 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Donny, did you actually ever try it with the Bose?
DonM

Don.....Yes I did play it thru my Bose PAS and
yes it sounds very good loud & clear...BUT
there was just something missing in the OVERALL circumference of sound......the T2 is so fine tines in regards to efx & instrumentation being used at its highest level to enhance the overall sound structure that really should be used in stereo to appreciate.....I never thoiugh this way inthe past but now......I know I must play in stereo......because MY EARS TELL ME SO

PS BTW Don when are you getting yours ...? "Whoops ')"

#198633 - 05/04/06 05:52 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Congratulations Donny.
Share a tune or two when you feel comfortable and have time. Please, please please make it a 44.1 KHz mp3.
Theodore

As soon as I get the HD I will record into the T2 with vocals for all to hear ...no problem

#198634 - 05/04/06 05:54 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I have the T2 and the pleasure of being in a band that uses 4 double bass Bose PAS systems.
Yes using the T2 in stereo is where you can get the true sound but for a limited amount of people,.

I actually think the PAS system has a bigger sweet spot for stereo imaging than conventional stuff.

Also yes the drums are better but playing back a midi file, sometimes still doesn't cut it like a midjay does

Frank all my SMF's are recorded with the Midjay and saved as MP3 on my laptop for play back

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online