SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198515 - 11/08/05 08:10 AM How Many "Other Brand" KB Styles do yo use in your KB vs Factory styles?
Dnj Offline

I currently have 32 USER styles in my KB that I use all the time because I couldnt find the exact on board factory ones, & ........even after tweaking the factory styles, rerecording parts etc etc......... many of these sound so much better too then factory ones..............just curious what your thoughts were on this?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-08-2005).]

#198516 - 11/08/05 09:06 AM Re: How Many "Other Brand" KB Styles do yo use in your KB vs Factory styles?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
On my G1000, I use some KN2000 styles, a few i30 styles and most of the G70 styles..These are set up in performances and disk links.. that makes 192 performances[with song names] and an additional 111 on board disk links[style names]..Plus I keep another 1,000 of styles on zip for immediate loading,1st downbeat of the next measure..

#198517 - 11/08/05 09:27 AM Re: How Many "Other Brand" KB Styles do yo use in your KB vs Factory styles?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Donny,

I use approximately 45 Yamaha styles in my PA80, with probably 20 of those coming from the Tyros and the rest mainly from either the 2000 or the 740, along with one from the 8000 and one from the 9k.

I also have a handful ( 8 perhaps ) from the G1000 and I think one or two each from the KN7000, SD1 and Band in a Box. There are also a half dozen or so I made from scratch.

They all reside in the internal banks of the PA80.. 40 of them in the user slots and the remainder in the PA80's internal style slots ( remember any style can be overwritten on the PA series boards ). I usually keep the other 8 user slots free so that I can create new styles / phrases or modify existing styles.

I converted all of them myself manually and tweaked them to get as good a sound as possible using the PA80's panel ( non GM ) voices and effects settings.

I use a floppy disk that stays with the PA80 at all times for 48 more of Korg's own user and free add on styles.

AJ

#198518 - 11/08/05 01:31 PM Re: How Many "Other Brand" KB Styles do yo use in your KB vs Factory styles?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
hardly used any of the onboard styles in my 9000pro, but I did luv Simon Williams psr styles.

Again my kn7000, I edited quite a few of the styles to suit, & converted some of the psr styles across. I think what I really luved most about the keyboard was it's style creation/editing functions.

I suppose that's one good reason why OMB software works for me. Why keep buying arranger after arranger keyboard, when I don't use most of the onboard styles anyway.
The programs got all the functions for creating styles from scratch or from midfile, and the editing facilities are really good.
If going to the trouble of converting a style from one keyboard to another, why not to omb/.sty format.

I'm not a performer & I must have strange taste in music if I can't find styles I like ( haahaa ).

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#198519 - 11/08/05 01:44 PM Re: How Many "Other Brand" KB Styles do yo use in your KB vs Factory styles?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Why keep buying arranger after arranger keyboard, when I don't use most of the onboard styles anyway.

Exactly just find a KB with a keyfeel you like and performance features what work for you and mix, match, edit, tweak styles from everywhere else to your hearts content.....

#198520 - 11/08/05 02:38 PM Re: How Many "Other Brand" KB Styles do yo use in your KB vs Factory styles?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Donny, that's a great idea!!! Why didn't I think of that? OOOHHH, I did 6 or 7 years ago..

#198521 - 11/08/05 02:59 PM Re: How Many "Other Brand" KB Styles do yo use in your KB vs Factory styles?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
actually I had the perfect set up a number of years back. Definately home use only, and it could only be played in full piano mode.
No split, piano as main instrument. Lucky I luv piano.

I had a Yamaha Disklavier acoustic midi piano, midied to an RA 95 module and a korg i5m module. Bizzare sensation having an acoustic instrument controlling an arranger module. Downside was I had to have a synth as a controller if I wanted to play another type of instrument for melody.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Exactly just find a KB with a keyfeel you like and performance features what work for you and mix, match, edit, tweak styles from everywhere else to your hearts content.....

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#198522 - 11/09/05 09:27 AM Re: How Many "Other Brand" KB Styles do yo use in your KB vs Factory styles?
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I use some of the latest Clavinova piano styles plus the Tyros premium styles in the Tyros.

I also have some Simon Willims PSR and half a dozen G70 styles.

The G70 styles need a little adjustment but I cant find anything else like the ones I use.

Regards - Keith

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 11-09-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online