SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#198354 - 03/23/05 07:23 AM Copy of copyright materials!!!!
Synthman Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi everybody.
I have noticed that several persons at this forum asks for copy of copyright material. Hey guys, if you want the styles from G-70. BUY A G-70!!! For christ.
We have several Style/midifile-making companies who's daily bread depends on that we buy our products legaly and not just copy it. If we give a shit, it will end up with no style/midifile making companies and NO NEW STYLES FOR US. We simply destroy our own possibillities for getting new styles and getting new inspirations.
Stop all copying copyrightet material, and pay the few dollars a new style cost.

Synthman

#198355 - 03/23/05 07:29 AM Re: Copy of copyright materials!!!!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Looks like this topic is a kind of "never ending story".
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010240.html

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#198356 - 03/23/05 07:53 AM Re: Copy of copyright materials!!!!
Clif Anderson Offline

Whatever the legalities, I think it is wrong that styles are converted for use on competitor's machines as soon as a new arranger is released. I think there should be a self-imposed moratorium on converting styles from a newly introduced synth, maybe for a year after introduction. I would hate to have the manufacturers decide to use some technological approach to preventing conversion. We definitely should be able to convert styles from old synths to new ones.

#198357 - 03/23/05 08:52 AM Re: Copy of copyright materials!!!!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Let's do away with all styles. Anyone who wants to use an arranger should learn how to use and edit the machine himself and make his own styles. No one should sound alike. If you can't make a good style, then that's too bad for you. Better yet, learn how to play correctly so you don't need an arranger. What are arrangers for anyway, just a buch of lazy people who can't or won't play the song the way it was written. And BTW, buy the d#$^ sheet music before you go playing someone else's songs.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 03-23-2005).]

#198358 - 03/23/05 08:54 AM Re: Copy of copyright materials!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Goodness this one may get ugly
Actually Cassp, you make an interesting point there. I would by a keyboard in a heart beat that had no preset styles, but the ability to write custom styles with arranger capabilities. When I buy an arranger keyboard it's not for the whole style. The only thing I really give a damn about in a style is the drum track and that's it. Drums really aren't the easiest thing to learn on a keyboard. Sure many of us can pull off good bass, sax, and guitar playing on the keys, but drums don't come as easy to most. Again I would love to have a keyboard that either had no preset styles, but all the function and ability to make them using arranger functions. Hope that made sense.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-23-2005).]

GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#198359 - 03/23/05 08:58 AM Re: Copy of copyright materials!!!!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Who are you Synthman? In the last 6 months you had 7 posts. You said, "that we buy our products". OUR products? Was that a Freudian slip? Who do you work for?
Please Synthman, no cursing/swearing/or taking the name of the Lord in vain o nthis forum.
Starkeeper

#198360 - 03/23/05 08:58 AM Re: Copy of copyright materials!!!!
cassp Offline

just fishing for a little excitement

#198361 - 03/23/05 09:02 AM Re: Copy of copyright materials!!!!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Let's do away with all styles. Anyone who wants to use an arranger should learn how to use and edit the machine himself and make his own styles. No one should sound alike. If you can't make a good style, then that's too bad for you.

That will never happen. If mfgs. did this they wouldn't sell any arrangers to the general public.
Starkeeper

#198362 - 03/23/05 09:05 AM Re: Copy of copyright materials!!!!
cassp Offline

Yeah, Squeak I guess that is a decent idea (pat, pat). Don't the Korgs have that ability to either edit or create a style. I guess the Yammy's do too. But yeah, if making our own styles was a lot easier and intuitive, I guess I'd go for it too.

Gee, this could turn into a serious discussion - oh well.

edit: Starkeeper, the general public is only interested in them as toys anyway, so the toys could have some styles, but nothing any self-respecting musician would use.

Whoa, now I've really tossed a big one out there. Any big fish?

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 03-23-2005).]

#198363 - 03/23/05 09:15 AM Re: Copy of copyright materials!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Yeah I think they do. The upper synths like the Tritons and Motif's have preset patterns (but not in the way an arranger works). They don't have dedicated fills/intros/endings, ect. They also do not operate like an arranger and utilize pattern chaining.

I think it would be great to buy a keyboard that had good sounds (with good voice editing) minimal 64 note poly, 16 track sequencing (real sequencing too, and fully editable), and also user slots for creating custom styles. Basically an arranger keyboard the replaces the 100's of preset styles with an empty bank for creating user styles. Now that I think about it isn't there an arranger or two out there that let you wipe out the internal preset styles and the ability to replace them all?

Squeak

GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online