SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198314 - 02/24/03 12:39 PM Synth: Triton Vs Motif
Danny D Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hi guys,

It's time to dream of another toy for me again ! Hope to get back few grands from uncle Sam this years that is just enough to get either of these 2 greatest synth today.

Any way, I test these 2 toys at samash over the weekend. Damn, it hard to make decision to take home after play around for 30 minutes. These 2 machines are sound aweseome. Man, it's going to blow the audience away if I pair one of these with my current X1. Right now Korg have promotion $140 rebate for the Triton , so it's not too bad to take this awesome machine home. One thing I don't like these 2 synth is the non-weighted Keys ! It all feel like the yamaha psr ! The weighted key is only available on the 88 key Studio & the Motif 8. Well, I just want to share some thoughts w/ some of you.

#198315 - 02/24/03 04:19 PM Re: Synth: Triton Vs Motif
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Danny,

Well, I have a Tyros paired with a fully loaded Triton Pro (76 Keys) with the Moss expansion board loaded, Piano and vintage Keyboards expansion card, and the Classical Instruments board. I would NEVER give up my Triton. It is just the best complement to an arranger. I tried the Motif when looking for a workstation, but for me the Triton had better synth sounds, great Brass, and I LOVE the touch screen display.

At the end of the day it boils down to personal taste.

Al G

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online