SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198230 - 11/26/01 08:49 AM Roland VA7 v2, any hope : ?
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Any hope from Roland US on how to get the board updated to Version 2 ? It seems that everyone but US is up to date with their VA-7.

to US Version 1 owners, has anyone got their Roland VA-7 updated to version 2 yet?
Regards,

Claude

#198231 - 11/27/01 01:49 PM Re: Roland VA7 v2, any hope : ?
Calvin Offline

Loc: Castle Rock, CO, USA
I went to the store where I purchased my VA7. I got only a partial answer. So I went to Roland US and asked more questions. I now have an appointment at the store on Dec 5th to have me VA7 upgraded. I'll post how it goes.

#198232 - 11/27/01 08:23 PM Re: Roland VA7 v2, any hope : ?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I spoke to Roland US today about the Version 2 updates for existing customers. At first the answer was there were none available yet and they didn't know when they would be ariving. I then found out that the price for the update would be $60.00. My first call to Roland several weeks ago I was told the update would be free. Maybe it is the cost of the zip disk with all the new style assistant information and the new owners manual. Anyway, after the customer service person looked into this a little deeper, he discovered that the 2.0 kits would be allocated. He didn't know what this meant and I asked if maybe there were some already there and that the district managers might be allocating them to customers through the dealers. He really didn't know so I left another message with my district manager. Hopefully, the rest of the story will follow shortly!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#198233 - 11/27/01 11:11 PM Re: Roland VA7 v2, any hope : ?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Here in Italy (and I think in the rest of Europe too) we VA7 owners had to take our keyboard to an authorized Roland center, because the upgrade to v. 2.0 involved the replacement of some internal chip (so I was told). The upgrade took a couple of hours and the cost was 41 euros (about 35 dollars).
Regards,
Andrea.

#198234 - 11/28/01 02:15 AM Re: Roland VA7 v2, any hope : ?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I have already commented on this VA update some weeks ago, but just to recap, Here in the UK we have had VA7 Version 2.0 since May 01. My local friend had his VA7 done at his dealers which he states involved only an OS update from floppies plus a new Zip Disk was given in replacement for the original, plus a second thinner manual explaining the Music Assistant. All this was processed FREE OF CHARGE by Roland UK.
Roland may be dealing with this update in different ways round the world. But it does amaze me that you in the US are still without version 2.0

Graham UK

#198235 - 11/28/01 05:56 PM Re: Roland VA7 v2, any hope : ?
Ron Pierce Offline

Loc: Fort Myers, FL USA
Local dealer here in Southwest Florida has been doing the version 2.0 update since July. We were away for the summer, but took the keyboard in in September and had it taken care of. This dealer is very marketing oriented and tied the update into a package that included the FC-7 foot controller, 100 User programs, an alphabetacal listing of 200 song titles with EZ play book numbers and a library of 100 songs (midi's) arranged by the owner of the store. A little pricey at $300, but it was nice to be the first in the country with verstion 2.0.

#198236 - 11/29/01 03:42 PM Re: Roland VA7 v2, any hope : ?
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
maybe I should just trade my whole current VA-7 keyboard v1.0 with my local dealer to another VA-7 keyboard that already has v2.0 That'll solve everything !
Hard to believe Roland US is so slow!

Claude

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online