SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198195 - 11/25/01 07:36 AM To: George Kaye or DanO
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I just recently obtained XG works for my PSR550 and I need a midi cable to run from the board to the computer. I'm completely new to midi and from what I see it's just a single chord that I believe hooks up to the joystick port on the computer.. I also understand they are inexpensive, so getting one is no problem. I just need to find someone who sells them.

Thanks,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#198196 - 11/25/01 07:56 AM Re: To: George Kaye or DanO
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Squeak...I am not George or DanO but Regarding Midi Cables, you will need 2. One to record PC to keyboard & one to play back PC to Keyboard. They can be obtained from most Music Hardware shops. You will also require a Joystick splitter adaptor which has a fly lead to continue to connect a Joy stick.

For information to you and others reading this, if you decided to upgrade your PC OS to Windows XP. Yamaha XG Works will not run.

Graham

#198197 - 11/25/01 09:00 AM Re: To: George Kaye or DanO
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Dan,
You only need one cable..One end has the to host connection, the other has a serial port adapter on it. Try to find one similar to the one on the URL I sent you from the Yamaha site. With the Yamaha drivers included in the XG works software it should work fine. I'm sure George knows and has the right cable for you.
AJ

#198198 - 11/25/01 09:06 AM Re: To: George Kaye or DanO
squeak_D Offline

Thanks AJ, Just waiting for either George or DanO to reply.....

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#198199 - 11/25/01 01:19 PM Re: To: George Kaye or DanO
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Squeak,
I have the Universal Sound Card Midi Connector Cable you initially asked for. This cable connects your midi keyboard to your computer's sound card's joystick port and as was explained earlier still has a thru port to connect a joystick if you play games. this cable sells for $20.00 for 6feet and $24.00 for 12 feet. There are two midi ends, one for in and one for out and the 15 pin joystick connector on the other end.
You could also use the to host port on the 550 but most of my customers use the universal sound card. The only advantage of the to host port would be if you didn't have a sound card with joy stick port (laptop computer).
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#198200 - 11/25/01 02:16 PM Re: To: George Kaye or DanO
squeak_D Offline

Good price George. Go ahead and email me at squeakybeats25@hotmail.com and set up a method of shipment and payment. Thanks

Squeak

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online