SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198072 - 02/02/02 04:18 AM Does PSR-1000 share the same bugs as the PSR-2000?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I've seen a lot of talk lately in regards to the bugs in the OS of the PSR-2000. Are these bugs present in the PSR-1000? I know the 2000 has way more features, but are there some common bugs between the two? Also I'm not at all surprised about the bugs in the PSR-2000. Over the past couple of years Yamaha has been putting out keyboards with quirky operating systems. I used to own one of their EX series keyboards and many current and former users of this board can tell you the original OS was a disaster..... I'm surprised however that Yamaha didn't make the OS upgradable via floppy on the 2000. You would think that they would follow with other makers and add this as a standard feature. I spoke to a buddy of mine who has some friends within the company and what I was told by my friend (which we both later concluded to be a load of crap) was that Yamaha left this feature off because they wanted to keep the customer cost down... Yeah right..! This isn't an expensive feature at all. My friend also told me that Yamaha is only going to focus primarily on upgrades for their professional line of arrangers like the PSR-9000, and 9000 Pro. They're not considering the PSR-2000 a professional keyboard, therefor don't feel the need to offer the update options of their higher end arrangers. I personally think Yamaha can use a little lesson in customer satisfaction. I don't see how they couldn't consider the PSR-2000 a professional keyboard. It's not a toy and I don't think they realize how many people actually buy them and perform with them on an every day basis.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#198073 - 02/02/02 05:52 AM Re: Does PSR-1000 share the same bugs as the PSR-2000?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Just remembered something else... I'm sure everyone remembers when the PSR-9000 was first released, and all the horror stories with the operating system in the machine.. There were MANY complaints of the aftertouch not working properly, hung notes, notes suddenly going out of tune, and much more.... Yamaha released this keyboard knowing it had all those bugs, but already knowing this they had the techs working on the OS upgrades before it even hit the market....
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online