SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#198023 - 02/08/05 09:12 AM Re: Watch this 11 year old girl perform
Alone&Forsaken Offline

Want to know whats funny...for all the slander directed at this girl, NO ONE here picked up the only honest slight that sticks out like a sore thumb in that INTRO clip.

Real funny watching everyone take stabs in the dark while missing the only thing that could be brought into question. Sad really...for the level of insults here ( like the "dog could play better" ) I would think the OLD WISE musicians on this board would have picked up on elements of the girls performance that ive had non musicians even notice.

http://www.berklee.edu/profiles/uehara.html
http://www.hiromimusic.com/biography.htm

HAHAHAH and to the guy that said "this isnt his style"....what he doesn't like Jazz :P

Guess what...other people that read this thread can tell adult men are threatened by a CHILD.

#198024 - 02/08/05 10:12 AM Re: Watch this 11 year old girl perform
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Alone&Forsaken:
..HAHAHAH and to the guy that said "this isnt his style"....what he doesn't like Jazz :P

Oh well, what I said was: "WOW, not really the musicstyle I fancy too much..."

Just as I don't fancy all pieces I hear of classic, country, blues, rock or whatever.
But that do not mean that she can't play, or does it?
GJ

Btw, this clip "Desert on the Moon" sounds much better in my ears, BRILLIANT: http://telmedia.telarc.com:8080/ramgen/telarc/VIDEOS/83600-ISDN.rm

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 02-08-2005).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#198025 - 02/08/05 03:54 PM Re: Watch this 11 year old girl perform
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"Btw, this clip "Desert on the Moon" sounds much better in my ears, BRILLIANT:"

What the ears that couldn't pick up the only honest slight in the 11 year old girls one min intro clip.

With the way people were attacking EVERYTHING about her, I find it funny as heck the only honest flaw in that intro clip...hasn't been spoken by anyone.

Yup the "Desert on the Moon" clip is GREAT, only I fail to see how that justifies the slander tossed at an 11 year old from ONLY a one min intro of a five plus min song...that many here wasn't aware of the original or could even lock down a genre for.

#198026 - 02/08/05 04:18 PM Re: Watch this 11 year old girl perform
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"While I agree that the 'dog' comment was a little bit on the edge, I don't think many of the guys here are threatened by an 11 year old child (who got great and fast fingers by the way). As for me, I USED to play like that before, until my dad told me to 'tone it down'. Not all performance need to be treated like 'competition' that's all. Hey, who knows if she got another film that shows a different song? As for me I was trying to point out, when you were at that young age you basically focused more on fast fingering techiques, 13+ 11- complicated chords, etc...trying to explore all possible playing methods, and as you grow older all supposed to mellow out and evens out. I've been there myself, growing up in the late 70s-80s during the big boom of electone festivals (and won a few of them). OK at least I'm just trying to clear out the intention of my post."

So you used to play like that, and you dint pick up on the sore thumb slip in the girls clip. Its right in it...its honest...its easy to make out...but still NONE of the old wise musicians here have pointed it out.

Interesting...

"I used to play like that but I don't notice basic fundamental mistakes in a performance that I diss for all the wrong reasons"

just feels like all Im getting here.

Im not being an ass. Like what you like, think what you think...just please before the collective rings a death toll on a child.....at least be able to point out the objective faults. After all who wants to be the fool that told Mozart " its to many notes."

If no one after this can manage to figure out the slight of the childs intro clip...I know completely what Im dealing with. As everyone has been searching for something to knock her over, Im sure it would have been pointed out by now.

The only hint ill give is...when the flaw is noticed ( and its clear as day ), the girls performance is a bit more impressive for it.

#198027 - 02/08/05 04:29 PM Re: Watch this 11 year old girl perform
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Hey Forsaken...
Thanks for intro to Hiromi's music... Very cool... I just compose and not much of a player, so no scoffing here... The girl in the video got a hell of a future, if she's anything like Hiromi...
Thanks,
DJ

#198028 - 02/08/05 08:31 PM Re: Watch this 11 year old girl perform
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Alone&Forsaken:
If no one can manage to figure out the slight of the childs intro clip...I know completely what Im dealing with.

Oh brother ...... here we go again.

#198029 - 02/09/05 09:17 AM Re: Watch this 11 year old girl perform
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"Oh brother ...... here we go again."

Yeah here we go again...people getting defensive and having an attitude over things they dont notice.

Keep digging...

Sorry but if folks keep acting stupid here...ill post up EXACTLY what the slip is, then everyone can go " oh I knew that I just dint want to say it." :P

Kick and scream call me the bad guy if you want...IM only pointing out reality. LOL and given what wasn't noticed by a BOARD of musicians I could be treating folks like complete tone deaf dogs.

"Hey Forsaken...
Thanks for intro to Hiromi's music... Very cool... I just compose and not much of a player, so no scoffing here... The girl in the video got a hell of a future, if she's anything like Hiromi...
Thanks,"

No problem glad you enjoyed the links.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online