Thanks for the advice. Like Don said the OS is fixed and not upgradable.. Yamaha originally advertised it as upgradeable but later retracted that statement. I did factory resets and the problem is still there. It was there the moment I turned the board on right out of the box. Here's what I think happened. I think the board took a knock during shipping, and some how damaged the amp because the sound is in the speakers, headphone jack, and output jacks.

Boards I've had in the past with faulty amps were a little tricky. They were more sensitive in some environments and not in others. Even though the noise wasn't there when I took it to another home to test, there was still a considerable amount of "white noise" (hissing) even with the volume all the way down. Teh hiss can be heard while playing too.

I did a very detailed inspection of the board today and found something. I ran my hand over the right speaker grill and it was smooth without any dents. When I ran my hand over the left speaker grill I could feel an area where the grill has been pressed in. It's hard to see (need to look at an angle), but it's there. I'm speculating that it took a knock on that side.

I've contacted Gary regarding the possibility of filing a claim with FedEx for damage. I know this board wasn't damaged when Gary shipped it. Those of us who know him know that Gary pampers his equipment. I'm waiting to hear from Gary and I guess we'll go from there.

Squeaks
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.