I have to add to this avalanch of criticism. I am shocked that Yamaha would want to charge that price.

I really hope that when it's time for me to get another board, in a year and a half or so, that one of the other manufacturers shape up and make a great lighter weight arranger (35 lbs. or less) that will outdo Yamaha.

I am very tired of Yamaha's apparent arrogance. They assured us that they would sell styles at a reasonable price. Well they lied, just as they lied about the OS on the 2000.

Nevertheless, my PSR2000 is working wonderfully, and has been since October. Let's see, that's over 6 months of daily gigging without breaking down. That's not bad. I am accustomed to the keys. My audiences really dig the sounds and the arrangements.

Most of the bugs in the keyboard don't affect me. Of course, I was dreaming of OS updates that would add more and more desireable features to the keyboard - not only updates that fix bugs. Now, I guess I won't get either. I can't live without a keyboard for 4 to 5 weeks.

Recently, I posted about 20 styles with OTS from the KN5000. Most are really good. i think the levels need to be boosted though.

Anyway, it's good that this issue is getting press.

Larry