SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#196943 - 05/16/07 10:25 PM You know there's no new keyboards out when.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
[img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img]

You know it had to be said.... :0

#196944 - 05/16/07 11:08 PM Re: You know there's no new keyboards out when.....
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
~T2 players resort to using Roland G70 styles and wonder what took them so long

~Diki starts a thread without mentioning his beloved Chord Sequencer

~all hell breaks loose again (hopefully not)

~ ... ... ... ...

#196945 - 05/17/07 12:38 AM Re: You know there's no new keyboards out when.....
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
haha very good thread topic. but if i really list what i am thinking all hell WILL break loose LOL

#196946 - 05/17/07 05:48 AM Re: You know there's no new keyboards out when.....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
....when DNJ isn't in the process of trading.

#196947 - 05/17/07 06:00 AM Re: You know there's no new keyboards out when.....
Dnj Offline

excactly as it is now this is the worst arranger market period so far.

#196948 - 05/17/07 07:38 AM Re: You know there's no new keyboards out when.....
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Since the T2 has been out a year and a half now it means we only have to wait another year and a half for the T3.

You can look at the above as the glass being half full or half emtpy depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist I suppose. Take your pick.

Though knowing Yamaha, there will most likely not be a 76 key "Tyros3" (or whatever they decide to call it) which is okay I guess since we can always count on Korg, Ketron and Roland to serve us well in the 76 key department. As more and more people flock to the competition maybe Yammie will finally see the light and wise up and listen to the heartbeat and pulse of a vast segment of keyboard musicians who prefer 76 keys (or even 88 keys) - if they can keep the overall weight down).

Having said that, Korg needs to get with it and give us something beyond the Pa1XPRO (Elite series included) and release a successor. Roland has the G70 which is also getting long in the tooth (so is their Fantom X series by the way ), so I am looking for them to give us a successor to the G70 in hopefully the near future (along with a replacement to the Fantom X series too).

Ketron, bless their heart, is coming out with the Audya by years end, maybe sooner. The specs are exciting although still no word from A.J. on whether or not it will have USB 2.0 or not - (or the price either for that matter). His reluctance to answer may already tell us what the answer really is. Oh well.. one black eye doesn't necessarily mean the opponent is down for the count. Time will tell if USB 1.1 is sufficient for the majority of people considering the Audya. It may not be though since Korg and most likely Roland's next flagships will have USB 2.0 interfaces and if the price is right people may tend to stick with the more established, well known manufacturer that does offer a USB 2.0 interface. Time will tell..

>> If Yamaha doesn't offer USB 2.0 on the T3 (or whatever they decide to call it) look for the blip on the radar for Yamaha to slowly diminish. If they can't keep up technology wise (this goes for Ketron too) they will undoubtedly be left behind in the race for the winner's circle of Arranger trophies.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-17-2007).]

#196949 - 05/17/07 08:25 AM Re: You know there's no new keyboards out when.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm actually GLAD there is very little new product...!

Now we can concentrate on mastering what we have got, rather than wishing for a 'quick fix' of new technology, which rarely turns out to be either quick, OR a fix! I'd rather be in COMPLETE control of an 'older' arranger, than struggling to come to grips with whatever is the 'latest, greatest'.

Unless Roland reintroduce the Chord Sequencer, I'm pretty sure I can skip at least two more product cycles before even feeling a twinge of gear-lust (at least for a primary arranger). If you count the G70's OS3 as a 'new' arranger (which it virtually IS, with all the new features and fix for the sound and the OTSs) then the G70 is only a few months old! Long in the tooth....? I think NOT.....

#196950 - 05/18/07 07:55 PM Re: You know there's no new keyboards out when.....
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
[B~all hell breaks loose again (hopefully not)
[/B]

Didn't know I was clairvoyant. I need to get myself some lottery tickets FAST!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online