SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#196916 - 05/09/05 09:46 AM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Thanks Roel for your help.

BTW, My wife and I are on holiday from Wednesday to Monday in Holland!
We stay at the Venlo Motel for 4 nights.
We really love your country and stay there every year.
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#196917 - 05/09/05 11:30 AM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !

Hi All

Ihave joined this merry band of men with SKYPE!
Question:
I have just spoken to a local friend in Roterham using the setup (cost 2cents per minute, me on PC,friend on landline telephone)
However, he said that he could hear me loud and clear but I could not raise the volume of his voice and therefore strained to hear him. This could well be because the headset I am using is very old and was very cheap to buy - Voice Director Lite Model QS-5846 made by Quickshot Ltd in Hong Kong.There is no volume control on it
Which models are you all using please.
BTW my Skype name is "eddiefromrotherham"
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#196918 - 05/09/05 04:39 PM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !
Roel Offline

Great you joined Eddie!
The volume is controlled by the 'standard' panel in Windows. (Wave-out)

I use an old SM58 thru my Mixing console combined with an ordinary headphone .... Sennheiser.

Nice to hear you visit the Netherlands and like it in the southern part Zuid Limburg.
I live about 200 km's from there, straight up as good as ON the German border (500 m from Germany )
Please come and visit my place whenever you have plans to go 'North' Eddie.

Have a nice vacation !

#196919 - 05/09/05 11:01 PM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
BEWARE OF SKYPE.............I briefly clicked on the link supplied by Scott, had a look at the website and the left without using or installing the software ...I now find that Skype has somehow hacked into my Ebay Paypal account and has withdrawn $10 without any authorisation from me...for what I dont know?? this is very worrying and I have had to disable my Paypal account before I lose anymore more money. So people beware, this apparently 'fantasic' service could have sinister intentions.

[This message has been edited by pasadoble (edited 05-09-2005).]

#196920 - 05/09/05 11:38 PM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:

I live about 200 km's from there, straight up as good as ON the German border (500 m from Germany )
Please come and visit my place whenever you have plans to go 'North' Eddie.

Have a nice vacation ![/B]

Thank you Roel,
I can see on the map that you are on the German Border at Coevorden (I don't know too much Dutch language but I guess the name means "Cow crossing"?
I heard that the Dutch are even more friendly than the Southerners
Same applies here in England!
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#196921 - 05/09/05 11:43 PM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !
Roel Offline

Pasodoble,
I think you did purchase the Skype-Out without realizing you did ? (€ 10,-)

So nothing was 'hacked' I guess

#196922 - 05/09/05 11:48 PM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !

Pasodoble
I agree with Roel.
You are now the proud member of this elite club
What is your Skype "name"?
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#196923 - 05/09/05 11:51 PM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !
Roel Offline

Eddie,
I did some searching and think Coevorden comes from Cow-furrow (Koe-voorde)

Hopelijk tot ziens !

#196924 - 05/10/05 12:00 AM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by pasadoble:
BEWARE OF SKYPE.............I briefly clicked on the link supplied by Scott, had a look at the website and the left without using or installing the software ...I now find that Skype has somehow hacked into my Ebay Paypal account and has withdrawn $10 without any authorisation from me

Hi Pasadoble: I'm terribly sorry to hear about your recent Ebay Paypal account problem, but what PROOF (evidence) do you have that is was Skype that hacked your PayPal account, other than saying you just happened to visit their website 'briefly'.

I don't believe it's possible for anyone to obtain the required information (without you volunteeraily providing it) to get into your PayPal Account.

I suspect the missing $10 from your PayPal account may have been a sheer coincience following your visit to the Skype website. I too have a Paypal account and never experienced anything like this, and I visit Skype's website on many occasions, as well as downloaded & installed their software.

Before this escalates into an anti-Skype campaign, I think it's IMPORTANT to get all the FACTS. Pasadoble: Other than the sheer concidence of visiting the Skype website 'briefly', please provide more specific & compelling evidence to legitimately accuse Skype for hacking your Paypal Account. If so, I might support your claim. Thanks. Scott

#196925 - 05/10/05 12:13 AM Re: Impressive (PC-PC) FREE "unlimited talk time" Internet Telephone: Check it Out !

Roel
Dank u vel.Tot ziens

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online