SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#196844 - 08/04/03 04:48 PM Re: My CD writer will not burn the midi songs i do on my keyboard HELP!!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you still have a keyboard with a floppy disk drive, this is the best way I know of to record those midi files and change them to MP3s. I posted a detailed set of instructions at http://psrtutorial.com/Lessons/L_Recording/LPR-MakeCD/lpr-makecd.htm

Goldwave is a shareware program that is rated as among the best for recording.

Enjoy,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#196845 - 08/04/03 05:20 PM Re: My CD writer will not burn the midi songs i do on my keyboard HELP!!!!
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Gary, he up and sold his last Keyboard. As I told him, he should think about getting maybe a PSR 1100 or 2100 which will give him the tools to do what he wants. But who knows if you can get a PSR 1100/2100 in Africa??? I think maybe in South Africa you could. He would most likely have to buy the Keyboard online somewhere and have it shipped to him.

Rolandfan, that seems to be your only solution. Kudos! to you if you can find a way without having to purchase a Keyboard.

One way would be if you know somebody close by to you that has a Keyboard with a Floppy Disk Drive and Main Outputs you could either borrow it or if he/she is set up for recording to a Computer already, you could record to his/her computer and then burn to a CD- "if he/she has a CD Burner that is".

Best regards,
Mike

#196846 - 08/05/03 01:24 PM Re: My CD writer will not burn the midi songs i do on my keyboard HELP!!!!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Guys, thanks for your help. I tried timidity and it converted the midi files to mp3...albeit quality loss We do have all Yamaha and Roland keyboards here but they too expensive. A PSR 2000 in South Africa costs about $2200 A Roland VA7 here costs $2900. I am relocating to Johannesburg this w/end and wont have my computer for a while (I'll be living with relatives). When I do move into a flat ,I'll have my computer again and hopefully get a used Roland G600. Cheers friends!!

#196847 - 08/05/03 09:54 PM Re: My CD writer will not burn the midi songs i do on my keyboard HELP!!!!
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Cheers rolandfan! Since you are moving in with relatives maybe you can then save up for another Keyboard soon. Did you know rolandfan, if you purchase online at SynthPlanet.com you'll pay $1,500 (total cost) for a PSR 2100! Shipped to your door via UPS! That will be a savings of $700 over buying a PSR 2000 locally. Something to think about... But maybe you want to stay with Roland. That is fine too! Because SynthPlanet also carries Roland products.

Best regards,
Mike

#196848 - 08/06/03 12:49 PM Re: My CD writer will not burn the midi songs i do on my keyboard HELP!!!!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Cheers Mike!! Thats good to know. I didn't know Synthplanet shipped to South Africa too..cool!! Yep..gonna save up and get something...Although I love Roland I think the psr 2100 is excellent value.

#196849 - 08/07/03 02:14 AM Re: My CD writer will not burn the midi songs i do on my keyboard HELP!!!!
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
To confirm, I've received a couple of e-mails.

Having revisited my code after a gap of 18 months I realise how c**p it is so I'm doing a little rewrite at present and will send that out to interested parties hopefully this week.

"We apologise for the inconvenience"

#196850 - 08/07/03 01:51 PM Re: My CD writer will not burn the midi songs i do on my keyboard HELP!!!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
if you're actually planning on getting a yamaha in the future, the fellow below has written a software version of an arranger keyboard.
Might give you something to play around with while you're saving up to get a new one.
There's actually a demo to download & try.
http://home.zonnet.nl/josmaas/onemanband/

It uses Yamaha styles which are freely available via the yahoo psr style group.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online