SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#196605 - 05/14/06 03:48 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Thanks for the comments everyone. I seem to recall that Donny wanted everyone with a T2 to post a song or two...waiting...for everyone...

Jim, regarding your question as to which style I used. I haven't the slightest idea. There are so many in the Tyros 2. All I know is, while I was listening to the intro I thought that it needed something so I add some saxophone during the intro. Then added piano, then strings and finally saxophone again. Like I said I slopped it together in about...lets see 15 minutes or so.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#196606 - 05/14/06 06:18 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
Dnj Offline

BeBop.....

Nice T2 jamin' baby.....
I like the Jazz Guitar work,
GREAT DRUM KIT ON THAT STYLE ALSO....!

#196607 - 05/14/06 06:29 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Dennis & Bebop: Good work. Enjoyed BOTH your T2 song contributions. On the subject of songs posted on SZ. It's interesting to note how few keyboard owners (other than Yamaha) here seem to be willing to post arranger keyboard (auto accomp mode) produced songs while there has been quite a lot of people here who've been willing to share Tyros2 (arranger mode produced) songs. I wonder WHY this is the case? Are other brand arranger kbs (especially Ketron) more difficult to make a decent arranger kb mode recording with, or what? This question continues to baffle me. Any answers? - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-14-2006).]

#196608 - 05/14/06 06:32 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Us Ketron owners are too busy working!
Seriously, I love the Ketron sound for playing live. It doesn't sound really polished when you record it.
There are samples of both Ketron and Yamaha songs on my website. I wonder who can identify which keyboards were used on which songs? www.donmasonmusic.com
DonM

#196609 - 05/14/06 08:24 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Dennis,

I really like your tune. Very nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Bebop

Good job on the Jazz tune.
Had fun listening to it.
Thanks for sharing.

Eric

#196610 - 05/22/06 05:16 AM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
Dnj Offline

Common people post your T2 songs!!!!!

#196611 - 05/22/06 05:43 AM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
It's interesting to note how few keyboard owners (other than Yamaha) here seem to be willing to post arranger keyboard (auto accomp mode) produced songs while there has been quite a lot of people here who've been willing to share Tyros2 (arranger mode produced) songs. I wonder WHY this is the case? Are other brand arranger kbs (especially Ketron) more difficult to make a decent arranger kb mode recording with, or what? This question continues to baffle me. Any answers? - Scott
[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-14-2006).]

Come on, Scott, ... there have been NUMEROUS songs posted by other kb players that have sounded excellent ... you have owned 'other' kbs and LOVED them as well ... Perhaps players of other kb don't feel the need to 'justify' or 'validate' their choice of board ... OR perhaps, like me, they are too busy getting ready for a trip to ITALY ...
t.

#196612 - 05/22/06 06:41 AM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I want to hear some Italian songs come out of that KN6000 when you return from your trip. I think the last song you recorded and sent to me to forward was back in ''98 or thereabouts
HAve a great trip Tony,
Best to you,
Bebop

#196613 - 05/22/06 06:58 AM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Come on, Scott, ... there have been NUMEROUS songs posted by other kb players that have sounded excellent ... you have owned 'other' kbs and LOVED them as well ... Perhaps players of other kb don't feel the need to 'justify' or 'validate' their choice of board

What! Huh?!

Tony, I NEVER :EEK: said (or even implied) that there've not been excellent songs posted by other KB players. You need to RE-READ more carefully what I wrote. It just appears to me, that here on the Synthzone General Arranger forum, that there've been far MORE more songs performed & shared here by SZ members, played on Yamaha arrangers, than all other current arrangers (Roland G70, Korg PA1X, Ketron SD1+ & Midjay). In fact, I have yet to hear a SZ member 'arranger mode' performed song, on the SD1+ with expansion board, or the Midjay. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as your idea that one's decision to post songs is about justifying or validating one's keyboard choice: I can't speak for others, but for me, the spirit of the forum is all about sharing our 'arranger produced' music with each other, no matter what keyboard we're currently performing on. The MUSIC itself comes first, the keyboard we play is secondary.

Ok Tony, I trust that your trip to Italy inspires you to create more good music from you performed on your KN6000. Be sure to give Andrea an Italian hug 4 me. Bon Voyage.

Scott

#196614 - 05/22/06 07:40 AM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott ... ooops ... I forgot to put the after 'justify' and 'validate' ... that was meant to be 'tongue in cheek' ... Although your post seemed to have a 'we (Yamaha owners) can do it why can't you' tone to it ... If I misread that, I apologize ...

Yes there are far more'Yammie' songs than others ... perhaps because there are more 'Yammie' owners than others?

Actually, I thought DanO1 had posted some SD1 songs a while back, but I could be mistaken ...
Andrea and I plan to meet on Thursday in Rome ... (WOW, that sounds strange !!! ) I will say hi for you ....
Thank you,
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-22-2006).]

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-22-2006).]

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online