SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#196625 - 05/23/06 12:42 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:
"Still in my PJ's"

VERY nice work! I really enjoyed that!

#196626 - 05/23/06 04:10 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Dennis (TwoNuts)! Man, I don't know how I missed hearing "Still In My PJ's" till now, but if this was, as you said, merely 'slopped together', I can't wait to hear what you sound like at your best. Your Tyros2 saxophone emulation and piano playing sounds superb. Instruments sound incredibly like the real thing. Listening thru headphones, I would have never guessed this was all performed live on an arr keyboard. Style accompaniment was equally impressive. This ranks up there as the most natural realistically live sounding recording I've heard on the T2 yet. Dennis. Looking forward to hearing a lot more from you. Bravo! Ok, Which Tyros2 auto accomp 'style' did you use on this tune? - Scott

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the Kudo's. I appreciate it. Like I mentioned when we talked on the phone, I used the hard drive for some simple overdubs. As it appears, it worked out pretty well and encourage anyone who has not tried it yet, to give it a shot.

Chony,
Thanks for the accolade.
Your very kind.

Best regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#196627 - 05/24/06 05:57 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the kind words, but the Tyros2 is really the star. I wish I could play live all the time like the way the songs play back! It took over 20 takes to get the lead guitar track down on Peggy Sue. On most of the others, I just played in time along with the smf, making mistakes, and correcting them in a sequencer. Adjusting velocities seems to also bring out the SA voice's individual characteristics. My songs are really recorded or sequenced midi that is later edited. The final midi is then played on the Tyros2 and recorded to WAV via internal hard drive. This is so much fun!! -charley

#196628 - 05/24/06 06:40 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
Dnj Offline

Charley.....Your making Music & Making yourself happy & others too, thats what it all about baby!!!

#196629 - 05/24/06 07:06 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the kind words, but the Tyros2 is really the star. I wish I could play live all the time like the way the songs play back! It took over 20 takes to get the lead guitar track down on Peggy Sue. On most of the others, I just played in time along with the smf, making mistakes, and correcting them in a sequencer. Adjusting velocities seems to also bring out the SA voice's individual characteristics. My songs are really recorded or sequenced midi that is later edited. The final midi is then played on the Tyros2 and recorded to WAV via internal hard drive. This is so much fun!! -charley

Ya know, this is one of the things I love about our instruments. The ability to do different things. I like to play live with the auto accompaniment. However, I also like to layer multiple instruments into the song as well. I like the way we can achieve this as well. Rather it be with midi multi-tracking or using the onboard harddisk recorder. Anyway you decide to play, its just great to be able to create something from nothing. I appreciate everyone who does this and would encourage all to share their personal creations on this website. Please post your own original sounds and songs for all of us to draw inspiration for our own creativity.

Best regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 05-24-2006).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#196630 - 05/24/06 08:38 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
[B] BTW Chony can you share some of your T2 EQ/Mastering recording tips for us ?

I just checked my EQ and compression, and believe it or not my compressor is off, and my EQ is a simple Disco smile with a dimple on the bass...

Chony

#196631 - 05/25/06 06:03 PM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Here is a song I recorded today on my Tyros that I entitled "Memories" and it is an original composition. I know this is a thread for T2 songs but if it's any consolation I used a T2 Style.

Here is Memories .

Btw, I enjoyed the Tyros2 songs within this thread and as I expected the SA Tenor Sax on Two Nuts song was a standout. I also liked the guitar sounds of the songs, though I'm not sure any of them were SA guitars.

PS: It makes no sense for me to get a T2 unless Yamaha makes a 76 key version. As it is I feel the Tyros stands with the best of them including the Tyros2. The reason I'm looking for 76 keys in my next Arranger is I want to be able to comp Bass chords and sounds with a fuller, wider range of sound using my left hand. Also, with 76 keys I will be able to go higher with my right hand with chords and the melody, circumventing the Octave switch that is on my Tyros, which will be a relief and also hassle free in a Live situation.

If Yamaha makes a 76 key Tyros2 or T3 I will definitely consider getting one. For now I'm content with the Tyros.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-25-2006).]

#196632 - 06/21/06 04:18 AM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
Dnj Offline

Mike,
I finaly got a chance to listen to your song ...nice job, great sound.....made me think of the Herb Albert's song "RISE"
Thanx for sharing!

#196633 - 06/21/06 04:58 AM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
Dnj Offline

Heres a Tyros song site I found
http://tinyurl.com/ltcul

#196634 - 06/21/06 06:06 AM Re: Post Your TYROS2 Recorded Songs Here Please.....
Dnj Offline

Heres another great country Tyros 2 song I found on the PK Owner site posted by Luffe

"Hi.

I am the new Kid on the block in uploading songs. I thought I would put in a
Country Song as my first contribution. The song is made entirely on Tyros 2 and
for backing vocals I've used the built in VH which does not beat real backing
vocals yet IMO. I usually do the backing vocals myself, but sometimes when
time is short I use the Vocal Harmonizer.

Hope you like it anyway. You find the song here:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/514037/29a77873/Tyros_2.html

Regards,

luffe"

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-21-2006).]

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online