SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#196437 - 05/21/06 05:06 PM T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
Dnj Offline

If so hows it working out?

#196438 - 05/22/06 03:34 AM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi Donny,

Yes...please check out this thread:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum39/HTML/000102.html

It works like a charm, but just to clarify; you cannot sample with the T2, only play back samples.

My next experiment is to try to play back Sampled Drum Loops on the T2. Although you can't create styles with sampled drums, you can trigger them with Multipads and use them like any other voice, so that would be really cool to get "In-your-face" drums playing back on the T2.

I hope to get some time this week to play around with it.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#196439 - 05/22/06 03:55 AM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Al,
how can you play sampled loops with the multipads? I don't remember the manual saying anything about it... if it's true, it would be a BIG plus for the Tyros 2.

#196440 - 05/22/06 05:08 AM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
Dnj Offline

Very interesting info..........can you post a bit of this song intro for us MP3?

#196441 - 05/22/06 04:59 PM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
just wondering if they'd actually stay in sync?? plus you'd have to hit the pad at the right time. I have my doubts it will work, but be fascinated to hear how you go.

My sd1 is designed to do it, but the loop has to be processed via the sampler. Works perfectly.

Just wondering what you're using as a source for your samples. T2 uses wav files same as my sd1??
I'd considered using my soundfonts. I managed to load the wav samples but sounded a bit bland when played back in the sd1. Have to do a bit more study on the synthesis side of things.
My next project may be to sample my sd1 drums so that I can have them in soundfont format for my laptop.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kbrkr:
[B]
My next experiment is to try to play back Sampled Drum Loops on the T2. Although you can't create styles with sampled drums, you can trigger them with Multipads and use them like any other voice, so that would be really cool to get "In-your-face" drums playing back on the T2.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#196442 - 05/22/06 05:56 PM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
kbrkr Offline

Ok, so I have created some great WAV samples. I created a Multi_pad that loops the samples, but the timing is off. I have to work on the timing, but It seems doable.

Al

#196443 - 05/22/06 09:01 PM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
Dreamer Offline

So the Tyros 2 doesn't play the loop in sync with the style nor changes the timing of the loop the way the SD1 or the PA1X pro do. But I still have to understand how you assign a wav file to a multipad.

#196444 - 05/23/06 03:25 AM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
kbrkr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
So the Tyros 2 doesn't play the loop in sync with the style nor changes the timing of the loop the way the SD1 or the PA1X pro do.

The T2 play's the loop in sync with the style, however, triggering the loop from within a multi-pad is tricky since the wav file must be the same length as the recorded multi-pad. This is simply a matter of coordinating the sizes of the two which I did not have time to do as yet.

"But I still have to understand how you assign a wav file to a multipad. "

Actually, this is the easy part. Since the T2 allows you to create custom voices using WAV files, you simply go into the multipad recorder, select the Custom Voice you just made with the wav file, record your riff, and save! Works like a charm.

#196445 - 05/23/06 03:54 AM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
Dreamer Offline

Thanks, Al. I wish Yamaha had made things a bit simpler, like letting the user assigning a wav file to a multipad without having to go through the hassle of recording a multipad of the same length. By the way, I wonder: when you record your multipad, don't you erase the wav file?

#196446 - 05/23/06 06:12 AM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
kbrkr Offline

Dreamer, no, you don't erase the wave file since the multipad is midi data and the wav is digital music data; two separate things.

#196447 - 05/23/06 10:47 AM Re: T2 Sampler anyone using it yet?
Dreamer Offline

Al,
after posting my previous reply I finally understood: you mean that you need to record a midi note corresponding to the wav file (let's say it's a C3, since this is the common reference note), and then you have to make that C3 last for the whole duration of the wav file: is that correct?
I think, however, that when syncing a wav file to a style in the Tyros 2 you are limited to the tempo at which the wav file was recorded; I don't think that the Tyros 2 has the same time slicing or compression algorhythms the SD1 or the PA1X pro have.
Am I right?

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 05-23-2006).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online