SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1974 - 03/24/03 08:23 AM Re: Is there any reason why vintage synths are priced so high?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes I am a collecter. But your right, If I was gonna play I would buy a digital synthesizer.

#1975 - 03/30/03 01:26 PM Re: Is there any reason why vintage synths are priced so high?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of high priced analog gear. I just swa that someone had won a Moog Modular 907 Fixed Filter module for $711.00. The starting bid was only $5.00. I guess people are realy stupid enough to pay money for just a moog module. What kind of makes me wonder what this person is going to use it for. Heres the kicker he only had a feedback rating of 3 while everyone else includeing my self had a higher rating with a gold or turquoise star.

I guess being a rare peice I can see why? People even still pay some rather high prices for other gear even though I still see plenty poping up on ebay. Moogs Rolnd Juno's and Korg polysixs and MS units.

Although they higest I ever paid for a vintage synth was $350.00.

#1976 - 03/30/03 06:54 PM Re: Is there any reason why vintage synths are priced so high?
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
As an owner of several Moog modular systems I can tell that they are very hard to find parts for . If you need an Oscillator , a filter , an amplifier , or a sequencer module , they are not easy to get . Once the Minimoog , MicroMoog , and MultiMoog came out the modular gear started to really slow down in sales . The smallest one is the System 15 . Compact and easy to move , good sounding too .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online