SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#195935 - 08/23/04 10:14 AM Ready for music again
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
One good news never comes alone. Now that the forum is running again... I just called Brazil, Chico's cellular to be precise. He's already at home, recovering from his prostate surgery. The extension of the surgery was greater than predicted from his medical exams, but it went well, and he is in an excellent mood. He's now impatiently waiting for the moment where he'll be back to his music.

He wishes to thank from the bottom of his heart to all his SZ friends. He really believes that you and your support were a crucial help in this moment of his life.

We're waiting for you, Chico!

-- José.

#195936 - 08/23/04 10:23 AM Re: Ready for music again
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jose, many thanks for relaying the good news. Great to hear Chico's surgery was successful, though I'm not sure what you meant by 'the extension of the surgery was greater than predicted'. Is this to mean that the cancer had spread further than first thought, and that a more agressive (extensive tissue) removal was required? Is a followup of kemo & radiation now scheduled?

Chico, wishing you the best for a speedy recovery. I trust that you'll be making beautiful music on your keyboard again soon. Keeping you in our prayers. - Scott

#195937 - 08/23/04 10:58 AM Re: Ready for music again
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Is this to mean that the cancer had spread further than first thought, and that a more agressive (extensive tissue) removal was required? Is a followup of kemo & radiation now scheduled?

Hi Scott. The total mass (of cancer tissue) removed was higher than expected [I guess the doctors estimates had been based in the medical exams prior to the surgery]. The answer to your second question is a very good news, also. No chemio (sp??) or radio therapy will follow. Normally these treatments are very agressive to the body. I really liked Chico's voice on the phone; he's full of hope and eager to go back to his music!

-- José.

#195938 - 08/23/04 12:46 PM Re: Ready for music again
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi José.

Thanks for sharing this news.
On last Saturday I also called Chico but I spoke with Cláudia (Chico´s wife)and she seemed me enough confident about her recovery.

Chico, you are in our prayers.
Armando

#195939 - 08/23/04 01:13 PM Re: Ready for music again
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Hi: Jose
Thank You for the good new about Chico.
Chico you are in our prayers.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Denny

#195940 - 08/23/04 06:18 PM Re: Ready for music again
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Hang in there Chico. Best wishes for you friend.

#195941 - 08/23/04 07:46 PM Re: Ready for music again
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Chico ..... Glad to hear the surgery went well .... you have joined an ever growing club ...
You remain in our prayers...
T

#195942 - 08/24/04 03:25 AM Re: Ready for music again
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I am 100% sure that Chico will revert to his normal life sooner than we can expect.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online