SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#195820 - 09/18/05 08:06 PM Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

It APPEARS that the Tyros2 MAP price is the SAME as Tyros1 was here in the USA. Musician's Buy is already offering a $3495 package deal for Tyros2 on their website which includes:

* Tyros2 Keyboard
* Tyros TRS-MS01 Speakers (interestingly enough, the SAME model used for Tyros1)
* Yamaha Tyros Stand
* Footpedal
* Yamaha Deluxe Keyboard Case
* Audio Technica ATHM20 Headphones

I had thought I read (or heard) somewhere that Tyros2 utilizes a new & improved satelitte + subwoofer speaker system, and that the speakers made for Tyros1 (TRS-MS01 + Sub) won't work with Tyros2. Is this not the case?

If Tyros2 includes the same TRS-MS01 satellite speaker 1/4" OUTPUTS at 'each end' of the back of the KB, as well as "Left" (din plug) + "Right" (1/4" jack) sub-woofer outputs that Tyros1 has, then I suspect that the Tyros1 model TRS-MS01 speakers will work with Tyros2, though a 'new & improved' TRS-MS01 speaker may also become available for Tyros2, and perhaps work with Tyros1 as well. Can anyone here help to clear up the confusion?

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-18-2005).]

#195821 - 09/18/05 11:27 PM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

I wonder what kind of footpedal they are referring to?

Do they have a price listed without all the extras?

Sounds to me like it will be around a $3000 street price just for the kb.

ScottL

#195822 - 09/19/05 04:45 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I noticed the data sheet on the MusiciansBuy website is from the Original Tyros. They just changed the # of styles from 240 to 300.

Also, if you subtract out the "EXTRAS" like speakers, stand, case, etc. the cost of the keyboard is $2921.06 which makes it pretty similar to the original Tyros.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#195823 - 09/19/05 05:05 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Roel Offline

This is what happens in Europe ... the T2 prices come close to the T1.

#195824 - 09/19/05 08:03 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
There might be a mistake with the price and the model you are refering to. Yamaha is currently offering the original Tyros, while supply lasts, with free speakers and stand, not the Tyros 2. Musicians Buy might have misunderstood the letter that went out to dealers. This letter had both the new Tyros 2 retail price and map price and it also had the special for remaining Tyros keyboards. Manufactures do not allow internet dealers to suggest a price under the MAP price set up by the manufacturer.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#195825 - 09/19/05 08:17 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Well, I guess that now we can start to see the Tyros 1 resale price drop drasticly as
the folks that want to upgrade start to unload the Tryos 1 they have to buy the Tyros 2...that sounds like a good deal for someone looking to get a Tyros..good luck to
all in both directions.....
Tony Rome

#195826 - 09/19/05 08:21 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
There might be a mistake with the price and the model you are refering to. Yamaha is currently offering the original Tyros, while supply lasts, with free speakers and stand, not the Tyros 2. Musicians Buy might have misunderstood the letter that went out to dealers. This letter had both the new Tyros 2 retail price and map price and it also had the special for remaining Tyros keyboards. Manufactures do not allow internet dealers to suggest a price under the MAP price set up by the manufacturer.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

George, I may be wrong but won't Musicans Buy be responsable for honoring what they advertised...I would think that they would have to stand by the deal they are offering,
it's not worth the lawsuites not to...MHO
Tony Rome

#195827 - 09/19/05 09:56 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
There might be a mistake with the price and the model you are refering to. Yamaha is currently offering the original Tyros, while supply lasts, with free speakers and stand, not the Tyros 2.

George. Not a mistake! The $3495 package actually INCLUDES "Tyros2 !" : . The free included speakers are the TRS-MS01's designed for Tyros1, and will play & sound fine thru Tyros2; only the satellite speaker's "mounting brackets' are incompatible for mounting on the back of Tyros2. Latest estimated Tyros2 US ship date given by Yamaha now is currently late Oct - early Nov. The above was confirmed over the phone with MusiciansBuy.

Quote:
Manufactures do not allow internet dealers to suggest a price under the MAP price set up by the manufacturer.

Musician's Buy is actually ABIDING BY the $3495 Tyros2 MAP price set by Yamaha, as they're throwing in ALL the other items FOR FREE. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-19-2005).]

#195828 - 09/19/05 10:33 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
Tony Rome Offline

Way to go Scotty.....good conformation post.
thanks for the research, good job....
Tony Rome

#195829 - 09/19/05 10:57 AM Re: Tyros2 Already On Sale at Musician's Buy, USA
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
George, I may be wrong but won't Musicans Buy be responsable for honoring what they advertised...I would think that they would have to stand by the deal they are offering,
it's not worth the lawsuites not to...MHO
Tony Rome

Tony,
There is always a disclaimer saying "specifications subject to change without notice." That's how Yamaha got by with advertising the PSR2000 as having the OS in flash ram when in fact it never did.
The ads remained for months after the keyboard was available.
DonM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online