SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#195724 - 01/13/01 02:08 PM Solton X1 Power Lead Query
DannyUK Offline

Hello everybody, and how have you all been? I have not been to well lately but I should be better now!!

I was playing my X1 the other day and the fuse blew in the plug.. I was going to replace it with the same fuse in the plug but then it clicked that the power cord I was using was actually from another keyboard (possibly less power required for it) and I have misplaced my original power cord that came with the X1..

My question is does anybody know what amp fuse I should be ideally using for the X1? This may be an awkward question to answer seeing that most people here do not actually live in the UK, but maybe you can help anyway. In the UK, we use a 220/240v power supply and in the US its 110/120v i think. The fuse that blew was a 3 amp fuse. Should I be using a bigger fuse??

Any help would be great.
DannyUK

#195725 - 01/13/01 02:28 PM Re: Solton X1 Power Lead Query
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
Danny,

I am glad that you are back to the forum now.

There should be some reason that Ketron is using the 3 amp fuse in your X1. A fuse is used for protecting your equpment from the upsurge of too much current. If you replace your original fuse with the one with larger capacity, you are effectively eliminating the proctection and may risk further damage of your equipment. My advice is to get an equivalent fuse.

My experience with fuse blowing is usually associated with voltage fluctuation and sometimes fuse blowing is just an indicator that something else in the circuit board has become defective. So, if your case belong to the first situation, then fuse replacement is enough. But after you put in the right fuse and it is blown again then you have to send your equipment to its service center for further check up and repair. For expensive equipment like computers and top of the line keyboards I usually hook up to UPS (uninterrupted power supply) for stable voltage/current supply and power brown/black out - fuse blowing seldom happens with this setup.

Regards,

Paul Ip
from Texas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online