SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#195136 - 11/04/04 04:57 PM Re: G70 samples available !
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Ah, those norwegians....

#195137 - 11/04/04 05:34 PM Re: G70 samples available !
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Ah, those norwegians....

For once and for always; the Netherlands will never be (I suppose ) Norway!

[This message has been edited by Sander (edited 11-04-2004).]

#195138 - 11/04/04 07:48 PM Re: G70 samples available !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
The only one with a hint of satisfaction on his face is the Roland Demonstrator.

Or do Norwegians always have a look of consternation on their faces? Or should it be ?? Maybe the cold has something to do with it??

From that pic my first impression is the Roland G70 sure doesn't excite these people does it. Which makes me tend to think the G70's sounds are probably not as wonderful as we all hope they are. Also evidenced IMO by the people attending this demonstration.

PS: I hope I'm wrong about that assessment btw.

Where's the smiles?? Where's the look of enthusiastic facial expressions? Where's the gleeful ecstatic look of joyful surprise and wonderment from the supposedly awesome and stunningly realistic sounds emanating from the G70? Hummm?? Those people are a bunch of bumps on a log if you ask me.

Sorry, no offence to Norwegians in general. But the looks on their faces reminds me of a bunch of people being told by their Doctor that they all have 6 months to live......

Is this indicative of the sound quality of the G70? Let's hope not!

Well Mike, I think it is time for a little apology to us Norwegians, don't you think. Time for camel eating...

------------------
Roy-Andrè

#195139 - 11/05/04 01:47 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Sander,
Ik had enkel pret met onze vriend Mike...

(... drdalet, what do you think? Did I get that right?)

#195140 - 11/05/04 02:29 AM Re: G70 samples available !
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Mike,

just because Bush doesn't know his geography (and not only that I'm afraid) you don't have to show so blatantly overhere your geopgraphical ignorance, no offence.
As a matter of fact if you had put in a little effort here you might have known Roel
and many more here are DUTCH, and so was the origin of the pictures.
best wishes,
john

#195141 - 11/05/04 07:25 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
John, Geographical

#195142 - 11/05/04 07:27 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Whoop Whoop Whoop !!!!!!
Illegal use of politics in a music forum !!!

C'mon ..... don't go there guys !

#195143 - 11/05/04 08:15 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Whoop Whoop Whoop !!!!!!
Illegal use of politics in a music forum !!!

C'mon ..... don't go there guys !

It's a huge temptation, that's for sure. But we are resisting surprisingly well, like big grown up boys and girls

Now, about the G70, does anybody know a little more about this "Adaptive Chord Voicing" (ACV)?

-- José.

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 11-05-2004).]

#195144 - 11/05/04 08:42 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Route 66:
Now, about the G70, does anybody know a little more about this "Adaptive Chord Voicing" (ACV)?
-- José.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi José,

I tried to explain about Adaptive Chord Voicing in another thread. This is my quote
----------
"He also explained about the “Adaptive Chord Voicing”. It's not easy for me to explain in English but I'll try. This feature looks for shared or common notes from a previous chord when you play a new chord. I prevents unnatural "jumps" in the highest note of for instance the strings or brass in a style. Instead it plays it like the accompaniment was arranged for the chord progression of your song.

Tom.

[This message has been edited by Tom NL (edited 11-05-2004).]

#195145 - 11/05/04 09:09 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tom & Jose,

I believe Roland's auto accompaniment 'adaptive voicing' feature attempts to produce: SMOOTH VOICE LEADING.

That is, when you play a chord progression, the Roland technology figures out the best closest auto accomp note lines and/or chord voicings to play for each accompaiment instrument (bass, piano, strings, etc). This is IMPORTANT to achive for any rhythm section (live or auto accomp). Nothing is worse than playing with a band where the keyboard player jumps about the chords. Smooth inner voicings chord changes are essential, especially on ballads.

Scott

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online