SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#195071 - 03/24/06 10:23 PM Re: PROFESSIONAL PLAYER SEEKS G-70-- TYROS-- PA1X COMMENTS…PLEASE!
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Casiobot: that's a great sounding demo. I'm going to look into that EXR series. Was there anything else you wanter to offer about the EXR-5?

Quote:
Originally posted by casiobot:
If you don't have need of an onboard sequencer then go here:
http://www.ke-musik.dk/Upload/HtmlArticles/Article1284/index.htm

Scroll down to "...demoer mp3.." and clonk it.

More later,if you're interested.

[This message has been edited by casiobot (edited 03-24-2006).]

#195072 - 03/24/06 11:57 PM Re: PROFESSIONAL PLAYER SEEKS G-70-- TYROS-- PA1X COMMENTS…PLEASE!
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
Out of the top 3 Korg , yamaha and Roland in my opinion the Tyros 2 Yamaha is the best acoustic and realistic sounding instrument. If you have not heard the Super Articulation voices then you are truly missing something. I spent extensive time and research into the PA1X the Tyros2 and the G70. I wont comment on the G70 as some of my views will upset people but after about 6 months reviewing theses instruments on paper and actually trying playing them i chose the PA1X. It was simply because it had all the components that i was looking for in an arranger.....but If the Tyros had had a comprehensive sequencer,a sampler, onboard speakers and onboard fully editable sounds i would have bought the tyros2. The sound quality alone based on the SA voices almost persuaded me to buy it despite its lack of the above facilities.

If you are simply going to play the instrument and not write or produce tracks yourself , then i would strongly guide you towards the tyros 2.I think its better however that if you get the opportunity to try all three instruments yourself, then do so.

#195073 - 03/25/06 06:26 AM Re: PROFESSIONAL PLAYER SEEKS G-70-- TYROS-- PA1X COMMENTS…PLEASE!
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
I have had my fair share of experience with Roland keyboards. AFter the G-800/G-1000 era I moved onto Solton/ketron and later on to Korg. (PA-80).
One of my best friends plays the G-70 and whenever I seat myself at it I get totally frustrated about this instrument. So if Spalding is afraid to say it I will chip in for him; This keyboard doesn't do anything for me. and the programming (of which you have to do mega quantities to make it sound right) is simply desastrous imho.
If you don't want to do too much progamming I guess the Tyros 2 is your safest bet, whereas personally I favour the PA1X for being more true to life,i.e. sounding like a true band.

#195074 - 03/25/06 06:56 AM Re: PROFESSIONAL PLAYER SEEKS G-70-- TYROS-- PA1X COMMENTS…PLEASE!
nielshs Offline

Quote:
One of my best friends plays the G-70 and whenever I seat myself at it I get totally frustrated about this instrument.

Are you friend frustrated too, or is it just you?
Quote:
This keyboard doesn't do anything for me. and the programming (of which you have to do mega quantities to make it sound right) is simply desastrous imho.

This is not thrue. The G-70 is very easy to make sound good. But even simple programming can obviously be desatrous for some people.

Regards
Niels

#195075 - 03/27/06 05:01 AM Re: PROFESSIONAL PLAYER SEEKS G-70-- TYROS-- PA1X COMMENTS…PLEASE!
Booby Offline

Hi,

I had opportunity to test all of them and IMHO my lists are:

SOUND (sit down and close your eyes)
- Pa1X: best natural sound (like a band)
- Tyros: good sounds but a little too perfect, sometimes false
- G-70: quite distant from the first two. The sounds are not convincing to me
- Ketron: it's the last, but if look for traditional sounds (accordion and the like),
only in this genre is the best.

GRAPH. INTERFACE (intuitivity and easyness)
- Tyros
- G70
- Pa1X
- Ketron

SPECS (features - options)
- Pa1X (mp3, cd, full sampling, TC, configurability) it's the oldest but still hitting the road
- Tyros 2 (hd rec)
- G70 & Tyros 1
- Ketron

LAYOUT (usability, front panel facility)
- Tyros
- Pa1X
- G70
- Ketron

My final preference (all considered) is:
- Pa1X
- Tyros
- G70
- Ketron

Just sharing my opinion.

Cheers.

#195076 - 03/27/06 05:27 PM Re: PROFESSIONAL PLAYER SEEKS G-70-- TYROS-- PA1X COMMENTS…PLEASE!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The "Brick and mortor" features are easy to address....like keyfeel, button locations, ease of operation, and features...These are cut and dry...

Sounds, styles are subjective...take no one's word as truth on these points....Go out and play them all, and make a decision on fact, and what you hear....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online