SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19501 - 02/01/00 08:47 PM Triton Sampling Question...
Wilkes Offline

Loc: Wilkesboro, NC, USA
When I sample an audio signal with my Triton, the resulting sample is not velocity-sensitive when played on the keyboard...is there some setting I can change to make this so? This is my first real sit-down with a sampler and my endless searching of the manuals has shown me no remedy for my problem. I guess I could solve the problem by sampling the same sound at different volume levels and create a velocity-sensitive combination, but I feel like there should be a way to turn a sample easily into a velocity-sensitive program. I had brief exposure to a Kurzweil sampler and some kind of velocity map was applied to the samples (obtained from external audio CD-ROM) automatically. Anyone know if the Triton can do like the Kurzweils in this case? Any specific direction in this area would be appreciated. I think I'll return my Triton if I can't readily create new velocity-sensitive programs/multisamples. Thanks!

#19502 - 02/04/00 09:38 AM Re: Triton Sampling Question...
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
hello there
i'd like try to answer your question just because no body else did.
i don't have a triton but i have other samplers and here is what i think,once you're done with your sampled sound and you save it as a multisample ,you should go and assign it to any program that has a velocity responce and it should work.
i hope that answers your qestion.
eddy

[This message has been edited by eddy awada (edited 02-04-2000).]

#19503 - 02/04/00 11:31 AM Re: Triton Sampling Question...
Anonymous
Unregistered

VERY SIMPLE GOTO>>>>>PROGRAM>>>>>EDIT>>>>>MENU>>>>>>>>AMP>>>>AND ADJUST THE AMP VALUE TO + - 060 AND YOUR PROGRAM HAVE NOW

#19504 - 02/04/00 12:46 PM Re: Triton Sampling Question...
Wilkes Offline

Loc: Wilkesboro, NC, USA
Thanks. Sorry...I should have posted that I got an answer to this in the Tritonica discussion group. Yes, the answer was very simple.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online