SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#194996 - 09/04/03 01:03 PM Re: pc.problems
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike,

Sounds like serious problems. You're going to have to format the hard drive, and in order to do that, you'll need a copy of the version of windows you are using, and additionally, a copy of all of the hardware drivers--modem, monitor, CD-ROM, CD-RW, etc. It's a time consuming job, but from the problems you've described, you have some nasties taking place and that's probably the only way of solving your problems.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#194997 - 09/04/03 03:50 PM Re: pc.problems
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
thanks gary i,ll get an engineer out,i thought that microsoft was causing these problems,because when i bought this pc ,i could not register it with microsoft,and thats when the problems started,thats why i thought i may have bought a pirate,cheers mike

#194998 - 09/04/03 03:56 PM Re: pc.problems
nardoni2002 Offline

thanks idatrod,mike

#194999 - 09/04/03 11:36 PM Re: pc.problems
Wheelie Offline

Loc: U.K.
Hi Nardon,

If I get that kind of trouble I "FDISK" my hard drive and all is well.

Wheelie.

#195000 - 09/05/03 12:57 AM Re: pc.problems
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Looks very rebuildish, I'm afraid.

#195001 - 09/05/03 03:07 PM Re: pc.problems
nardoni2002 Offline

hi,iv,e got the send ,receive, working,,,,,,,,,,,,,,idatrod you was saying if i go to update to switch off norton and firewall,but can i get this trojan and back orifice come into my pc while i am downloading,cheers mike

#195002 - 09/05/03 10:43 PM Re: pc.problems
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
No mike, that shouldn't be a concern when you go to a reputable site like Microsoft's Windows Update site. As soon as you get done updating your computer from the Microsoft update site, 'then' go ahead and re-enable your Firewall and Anti-Virus programs. PS: In most cases a Firewall and Anti-Virus software program shouldn't and wouldn't cause any problems normally when they are enabled and you use the Windows Update site. But if you are experiencing problems when using the Windows Update site, then disabling your Anti-Virus and/or Firewall program might cause those problems and glitches to clear up and be eliminated. In other words, disabling them is just one option you could try to see if it helps any. But the problem[s] could actually be caused by something else entirely and may have nothing to do with your Anti-Virus or Firewall software. Doing your own detective work is a very good way to find the root cause of the problem[s] mike. We can point out areas that we think may be the cause to the problems but since the computer is in front of you and not us; you ultimately are in the best position to diagnose and find the "cure" to your computer ills. I am glad to see you got your e-mail working again.

Best regards,
Mike

#195003 - 09/06/03 04:31 AM Re: pc.problems
Dnj Offline

Does all this stuff happen when using a MAC?.......

about to make a purchase and I'm still confused

#195004 - 09/06/03 04:57 AM Re: pc.problems
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nope,
But, most of the programs you run, and those you've become accustomed to using, are not Mac compatable. You would have to purchase all new programs and begin anew--not something that's desirable at our ages (especially mine).

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#195005 - 09/06/03 07:41 AM Re: pc.problems
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Gary's right Donny. You will find yourself having to use many different programs from the ones you're using now if you get a Mac. Maybe that's a non-issue for you but it is still something you have to consider. Mac's are good for Graphic applications but I would stick to PC's for Music and for compatibility with Music Gear and also for ease of use. If you get a Mac you will have to start from scratch with a new computer architecture and a new OS learning curve. My 2 cents.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online