SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#194959 - 04/27/05 11:29 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Sheriff,
about excuses, i have as many as you want...
The Casio doesn't allow you to load new styles, it is a cheap 11 year old beast. You get 128 styles, you can turn off or on any accompaniment part (drums, bass, 3 cchord tracks), maybe adjust volumes, and that's it. It sounds dreadful now that I am used to Hypercanvas.

Sure, go ahead and do anything you can with the file

#194960 - 04/28/05 08:38 AM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Now it's done!

EDITED: The problem is solved and here was the additional link for you, Zoners!!! Now this will only lead to the top of this page where you will find the original link offered by Trident itself!!!

>>>>>>>> Harlem Nocturne <<<<<<<<

Enjoy it like I enjoyed it!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-28-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-01-2005).]

#194961 - 04/28/05 10:47 AM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Trident, congratulations on your courage to finally post a song produced on your arr kb. Nice blues style selection & decent competant playing. I've not played a Casio CTK-750 myself, so it was great to get to hear it with your song "Harlem Nocturne". Can I assume that you played the keyboard in split mode, with left hand playing & sounding comping chord rhtyhmic stabs with RH playing melody?

The following are suggestions only, and not intended as critisms, so take it as only my oopinion. I found the left hand comping 'stabs' sounding a bit rigid and might benefit from a little more variation in dynamics and varied chord voicing as to not sound quite so repetitive. Then again, if this is actually an auto accomp instrument, I can't blame you (but Casio) for this. The melody, though competantly excused, imo, might benefit from not playing so squarely on the beat, and with perhaps more variety in volume dynamics to add more horn expression.

Thanks for sharing. Look forward to hearing more from you on the CTK-750.

Scott

#194962 - 04/29/05 07:56 AM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Thanks Scott for taking the time to post your comments.
My keyboard is an old auto accompaniment keyboard, so what you hear is the stock Casio style in Intro, Var 1 and towards the end a little Var 2 and the ending.
The Casio provides the style, Roland HyperCanvas provides the accompaniment sounds, and right hand is by Luxonix Ravity. I am not playing left hand myself, I wish I could.
The CTK sounds nothing like this, it sounds very poor. It probably sounds like a WK 1000 or 1200, it is from that era (1994).
In fact it was Hypercanvas sounds that made me play again and renewed my interest. For me they are good enough.
Theodore

PS.... Since posting a song here I am prepared for thumbs up as well as thumbs down. As long as criticism is different than "don't quit your day job", which I am not anyway.... without recommendations, I waiting to hear it. It will only make me better.

#194963 - 04/30/05 10:41 AM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
EDIT: Okay, it's SOLVED now...
------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-01-2005).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online