SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194705 - 03/23/00 09:14 PM Making styles with the PSR9000 ?? I heard that....
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Arranger people,
Do not have the PSR9000 Yet ! But ,I was told you can not create your own styles unless you delete an existing style ?????
Is it true ??? *&$%^&&*>......
Installed a Moss board into a Triton keyboard.. It only plays on the north side of the keyboard......Get It ?????

#194706 - 03/26/00 04:55 AM Re: Making styles with the PSR9000 ?? I heard that....
AndyG Offline

Loc: Wiltshire,UK
Hi,

There are a number of empty slots in which you can store any new styles you create - before you have to start deleting the Flash
styles.

However, if you are really into creating many styles - you may find that the (very
quick) disk style option is more use.

Best Regards,

Andy.

#194707 - 03/26/00 12:56 PM Re: Making styles with the PSR9000 ?? I heard that....
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Dan,

I understand that the limitation is not the number of slots, but the amount of flash memory which PSR9000 has for storing the user styles (2 Meg or so). If you use small styles (20 KB average), then you can make use of all the 100 slots. The styles which come with the instrument must be bigger, because the 85 custom styles take up most of the flash memory. Therefore, if you want to add an extra custom style, you must free up some memory by deleting the existing style(s), but this is not a one-for-one deal, as deleting one large style may allow enough room to add two smaller ones.

BTW, was it you at NAMM demoing Solton? or was it another Dan O'Neil?

Regards,
Alex

#194708 - 03/26/00 07:41 PM Re: Making styles with the PSR9000 ?? I heard that....
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Alex,
If you think the demo's on the X1 were good,Than yes! it was me. Namm show Febuary 2000 was my 1st for demoing a product. Very Scary , But overall a great experience.
Did we meet ? Dan O. oneils4@home.com

#194709 - 03/27/00 12:47 AM Re: Making styles with the PSR9000 ?? I heard that....
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Dan,

I thought that demo was quite good, as I said in my earlier posts. In fact, I thought it was a better demonstration of the instrument capabilities than much of the hoopla in the Yamaha room around the PSR 9000.

I stopped by Solton's booth on Saturday, as you were showing customizing styles and displaying lyrics to some lady and her son(?). I had to run as my wife was meeting me elsewhere, so I did not have a chance to chat.

Regards,
Alex

#194710 - 03/27/00 04:40 AM Re: Making styles with the PSR9000 ?? I heard that....
Stevizard2 Offline

Loc: Canton, Ohio, USA
I've added 500 or more new styles to my PSR-9000 without a problem. I copied them to my hard drive, and can summon them up quickly. I haven't bothered loading them into flash memory since loading directly from the hard drive is fast and easy.

Flash memory can only contain so much . . . sooner or later you've got to use direct disk access. I prefer it anyway.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online