SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194655 - 10/30/05 10:57 AM Tyros II Question??
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Anyone:

I'm trying to get more info on the speakers for the new ty2 trs-ms02's Yamie site shows nothing except a pic and tells how great they are. I'm wondering just how they hook up ie is the amp/or/amps in the sub? does the satts mounting plug in pins have wiring inside that makes it connected or is there seperate cables that goes to the keyboard or down to the sub?

Does this system run off a wall wart, or is it ac plugged/or/take its power from the board??

The reason for these questions is, I'm wondering about the possibility of just using the two satts with a different sub, by just removing two satts from my z5500 system and connecting to the two satts on on the tyII. I really need some up in my face monitors when I play, but don't want anymore gear than necessary. So just trying some possibilities in my mind. I was thinking I might save a couple of bucks also if I could just order two replacement satts and mounting brackets.

Any Ideas out there, I'm not familiar with the ty 1 or 2 speaker systems I'm guessing what I'm shooting at would be the same on either board.........Ol Poop just trying to figure all this new stuff out.......Pose

ps: anyone tried using two Logitech z5500 at the same time. I have two systems and would probably never need two systems at once, but just wondering

#194656 - 10/30/05 12:33 PM Re: Tyros II Question??
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
The TRS-MS02's comprise a sub woofer with the amp inside, this plugs into the mains (the power supply is inside the sub so no adaptor). There is then a twin cable with a mini DIN and a phono on one end which connects to the sub and the other ends are a mini DIN and a 1/4" jack which go into the back of the T2. The satellite speakers have phono sockets on the backs of them which connect to 1/4" jacks on the rear corners of the t2, short phono to jack leads are supplied.

As for the sound, they are 'ok' but I find the satellites lack any warmth and mid range presence (after all they are only 3" drivers). The sub does a good job but the entire system isnt hugely powerful.. not as loud as the YST-MS50's I also have. Its sufficient for a home.
I actually use the sub/amp part but I plug a pair of bookshelf jpw mini monitors into the satellite sockets on the T2. This gives me a bit more presence and warmth and I still can use the sub and its amps to drive all.

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#194657 - 10/30/05 01:18 PM Re: Tyros II Question??
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Simon:

I think you pretty well answered my questions, and Its sounds like I'll just need to do some experimenting after I get the ty II. But looks like its not going to be a problem. Thank you very much.....Pose

Also another big thanks to Scott Yee who telephoned with lots of good tidbits, and had a nice long chat. No we didn't make any derogitory comments about anybody...HE HE ..

Thanks guys.........Pose

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online