SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194518 - 12/17/04 03:01 AM MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)

I basically require just the Melody line & Chords, can anyone help please.

#194519 - 12/17/04 04:51 AM Re: MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Graham
The song (one of my own favourites)
comes from an Italian song called Questi Giorno.
Did you look at this posiibility?
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#194520 - 12/17/04 05:13 AM Re: MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)
Graham UK Offline

eddie. I have done a midi search with Questi Giorno also and still no joy for the midi file.
If you can play the song ON DAY'S LIKE THESE, you could record it in easy play and send me the midi file...Ha!!!!

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 12-17-2004).]

#194521 - 12/17/04 07:46 AM Re: MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Graham, I assume you were referring to Matt Monro, not Munroe:
http://www.theguitarguy.com/ondaysli.htm

Scott

#194522 - 12/17/04 09:12 AM Re: MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)
Graham UK Offline

Scott. Thank you....yes I used the wrong spelling. Thanks for the link showing Chords & Lyrics. I will now search again for a midi which will enable me to print out the melody line.

#194523 - 12/17/04 10:11 AM Re: MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Graham, you're welcome.

Food for thought: Though having the lead melody line to work from will be convenient, I suggest that you instead, listen to a CD or MP3 of Matt Monro singing the song, and then try picking out the melody (by ear) using the provided chords as a HARMONY GUIDE. Once you've learned one song this way, each subsequent song will be easier (and faster) as well. Developinig good sight reading skills is certainly important, but learning to play by ear is equally important.

The most difficult challenge (at least for me) in picking up a song completely 'by ear' from solely listening to it on the radio or on CD (especially songs which include exotic chord changes) is usually NOT the melody line, but figuring out the chords. The chords (harmony) are like the foundation of a house, and the melody is built upon that.

Interesting enough, much of the published sheet music as well as those so called 'midis' floating around the internet, don't correctly reflect the actual chords used in the hit recording, or melody line notes actually sung by the hit artist, so the only way you'll be able to play (and sound) authentic to the recording is pick it up by ear yourself.

Scott

#194524 - 12/17/04 11:53 AM Re: MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
you could record it in easy play

Sorry Graham, my memory of the ACTUAL meloddy lines of lots of songs is very bad and I don't remember exactly how it goes. Possibly because it is an unusual melody with a few twists.
I entered Matt monro in to Google and thought I had come up with the goods but -www.mattmonroe.com is not yet fully active, although there is a frontispiece which shows Matt and gives a couple of facts about him, including that he was the singer of the first James Bond Theme. I thought this was questi giorni and went to amazon.com where there are lots of James Bond theme compilations.Sadly they do not list the actual names of the themes
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#194525 - 12/17/04 12:04 PM Re: MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)
Graham UK Offline

Eddie. Thanks, but exactlty like you I can't find a midi file for ON DAYS LIKE THESE.
It's not oftern that I don't find a midi I require.....So Come on synthzone members there must be one of you pro's who can play this and provide a midifile.
No right hand chords, just a simple melody line over a style backing, this way it will be easy for me to print a lead sheet.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 12-17-2004).]

#194526 - 12/17/04 12:16 PM Re: MidiFile Wanted. ON DAYS LIKE THESE (Sung by Matt Munroe)

You're not going to believe this Graham but I just joined a Forum to try and find the songs of Matt Monroe!
I have asked for sheet music and/or midis on our behalf.
Watch this space!!
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online