SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194273 - 01/15/05 10:03 AM Help! need better music rack light
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
My rack light is impossible, clips to rack, and gets in the way of my view, plus only lights up half the rack. I need to fix this, but can't find a decent replacement.

Anyone with suggestions and/or knowledge of where to find a good light. I would like to have something that would maybe go across the bottom of the rack and shine upwards? Whats you're experience????

Any help or suggestions really would be appreciated.............mumbling the words in the dark .......Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 01-15-2005).]

#194274 - 01/15/05 11:21 AM Re: Help! need better music rack light
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
How about a miners hardhat/light combination...any where you turn your head..you will see....bright and clear!!

#194275 - 01/15/05 11:52 AM Re: Help! need better music rack light
loungelyzard Offline

Fran:

You're a lot of help, couple of guys I play music with already suggested a flashlight (five battery) in my mouth. or a candleobra setting on my 9000, (suggested I get a plastic one so it would'nt look better than my board).

seriously I've been webb searching and looking on ebay trying to find something for a month with no luck, hoping someone here might know of something better than a music stand light from musicians friend or sam ash. I have that now. I even thought of a couple of laptop flex lights but they're not long enough and not sure if you could power them from the to host socket on the back......pose

#194276 - 01/15/05 01:20 PM Re: Help! need better music rack light
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Here is an option. Illuminates 2 pages.
http://www.lampcraft.com/giglight1.htm

or this:
http://www.bwvideofilms.co.uk/Vid%20images/a44.jpg

Or these:
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/bu/bushnell-night-vision-goggles---pathfinder.jpg

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 01-15-2005).]

#194277 - 01/15/05 07:05 PM Re: Help! need better music rack light
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The best advice I have is to purchase a strip light. They used to be available from Home Depot and came in various sizes ranging from 12 to 36 inches in length. They use small, low voltage lights and provide sufficient illumination to light up the entire keyboard and the music stand with a soft light that is not at all glaring. I've been using them for years and they're excellent for these type of applications.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#194278 - 01/16/05 07:01 AM Re: Help! need better music rack light
loungelyzard Offline

Gary:

Next trip into Reno will definately stop at home depot and see if I can find one, I saw these on ebay but did'nt know if they gave enough light or not......Thanks,...... Pose

KeyofG: George, looked at barnes and noble webb site only found 3 that would work, but they're huge and clip to the music rack, and pose a possibility of snapping off the plastic dowels that hold the rack to the keyboard. Gary's strip light sounds like it's maybe the best way to go...Thanks for responding......Pose

Jerryghr: This light is also very large and clips to the rack, and poses a threat of breaking off the rack. The lighted glasses looks sort of neat, but playing in a darkened room I would look like one of the little hooded guys in starwars...LOL....Thanks...Pose

Problem probably solved........Thanks all

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 01-16-2005).]

#194279 - 01/16/05 09:53 AM Re: Help! need better music rack light
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Borders has ~ 3 or 4 book clip-ons that might work for you. They're light on out-put but very portable. Perhaps 2, one on either side, might do it.

#194280 - 01/16/05 12:00 PM Re: Help! need better music rack light
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I recently bought 2 of these, they are very light and easily clip to the music book.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/815600/

You really need one for each page of music.

------------------
Graham

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online