Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#194097 - 02/14/06 05:02 PM Re: Buying my first keyboard
retal Offline

Loc: Tel-aviv, Israel
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
You need to answer this question: Do you want to play a piano or an arranger?
The PSR3000 can do both, but they are played differently (see Fran's post above).
IMO, a TRUE piano player will not be able to trigger the arranger function. If the pianist some how plays a chord with a combination of left and right hand, then it will work, but this is not the way a TRUE pianist plays.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 02-14-2006).]

I'm new and have no idea how to play at all, except some things i learned in the long past to type in the keyboard to hear something..
and piano looks very crazy to me, that's why i want to start from something, that its learnable and won't take me 5 years, thats why i was thinking about getting a PSR-3000 which i assume i gonna buy next week and try to dig the ass of psrtutorial site which looks to me wonderful and great for a starter like me, and after few months, i'll see how it goes for me, playing songs of singers i like from 80's 90's, if all goes well, i guess then ill wanna learn piano and maybe then get intrument like a RD-700SX of Roland's and maybe even controll the PSR-3000 from it, if its possible even.

if there is any tips or final thoughts before im going to buy the PSR-3000 im here to hear thanks

[This message has been edited by retal (edited 02-14-2006).]

#194098 - 02/15/06 02:55 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
There are extras you can get for the board, ie, dust cover (important), stand,transportation bag, foot pedal, memory cards,headphones,books,lessons, if you are paying cash i would suggest you try and bargain for some extras ,or discounts,you have nothing to lose.
One of the important things you will find is ,the keyboard is set to flat (sound) (unless its already been adjusted in the shop)once you adjust the EQ, settings the sound of the board will sound even better, also try to have your pc and keyboard close together, if you are learning from the site we told you about it will be easier to relate to what you are learning.mike

#194099 - 02/15/06 04:00 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
retal Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
There are extras you can get for the board, ie, dust cover (important), stand,transportation bag, foot pedal, memory cards,headphones,books,lessons, if you are paying cash i would suggest you try and bargain for some extras ,or discounts,you have nothing to lose.
One of the important things you will find is ,the keyboard is set to flat (sound) (unless its already been adjusted in the shop)once you adjust the EQ, settings the sound of the board will sound even better, also try to have your pc and keyboard close together, if you are learning from the site we told you about it will be easier to relate to what you are learning.mike

yea im paying cash..
okay i heard i get with the PSR-3000 a SmartMedia card of 16MB, and about foot pedals, do i need them ?

#194100 - 02/15/06 04:39 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
nardoni2002 Offline

No you don,t need them, they are optional extras,what is important in my opinion 1, dust cover (a polythene sheet will do), 2, stand. 3, comfortable chair, one or both of the previous adjustable height.

#194101 - 02/15/06 05:03 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
IMO, Retal, I would learn to play the PSR3000 in arranger mode NOT the piano. Just learn the chords of one of your favorite songs in your left hand and play the melody with your right hand. This will teach you chords and melody line. Then learn to play the chords for another song, etc.
Trying to learn piano at this point might be discouraging.
Starkeeper

#194102 - 02/15/06 09:41 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
retal Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
IMO, Retal, I would learn to play the PSR3000 in arranger mode NOT the piano. Just learn the chords of one of your favorite songs in your left hand and play the melody with your right hand. This will teach you chords and melody line. Then learn to play the chords for another song, etc.
Trying to learn piano at this point might be discouraging.
Starkeeper

I totally agree, piano lessons will kill me,
atm i douno how to read notes, use chords
best i gonna do is start learn how to play in a keyboard, chords, notes, whatever... then only god knows ..

#194103 - 02/15/06 10:17 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
nardoni2002 Offline

Retal,also get a couple of fake books.

#194104 - 02/15/06 11:04 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
If you search on google, you will find sites that teach you how to read notes on a staff.
Starkeeper

#194105 - 02/15/06 11:38 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
retal Offline

okay thanks all
when I buy the keyboard ill send a message hehe

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online