SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#194077 - 02/10/06 06:16 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Retal,the psr 3000 you can play chords with one/two fingers of left hand and play like that quite well, if you wish to you can change the settings and play it with full chords once you learn them. Even though this is an easy keyboard there is a lot to it, it is a very good quality sounding board,and you will have a lot of fun with it, let us know when you have it. Before you buy it I would take Gary,s suggestion and go to psrtutorial.com and see for yourself the info there (a lot easier than maybe trying to understand the in depth things in the manual). There are lessons there as well as soooo much more info and help.mike
Its always a good idea to take lessons. the above site has everything you need to know and its free.

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 02-10-2006).]

#194078 - 02/11/06 12:00 PM Re: Buying my first keyboard
jeremy_norbury Offline

Loc: Amsterdam,,The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by retal:
Btw... I've wanted also an advice about learning, should I take a private teacher to teach me Piano basics and learn some known creations so I'll practice my hands and fingers and learn chords well and so on?

Regards

Get a teacher, don't think twice about it. Whatever you attempt to learn on your own will take 10 times longer with 50 times more bad habits.

What do you want to play now, a piano or a keyboard? In my experience, they are not the same and a piano teacher will not teach you what a keyboard teacher will teach you.

Find a real keyboard teacher OR a real piano teacher.

Jerry

#194079 - 02/11/06 12:32 PM Re: Buying my first keyboard
retal Offline

Loc: Tel-aviv, Israel
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy_norbury:
Get a teacher, don't think twice about it. Whatever you attempt to learn on your own will take 10 times longer with 50 times more bad habits.

What do you want to play now, a piano or a keyboard? In my experience, they are not the same and a piano teacher will not teach you what a keyboard teacher will teach you.

Find a real keyboard teacher OR a real piano teacher.

Jerry

I don't know.. i actually going to buy a PSR-3000, but can it act as a piano also? (like RD-700SX without 88 keys)
i also heard that there is not much difference between piano and a keyboard playing, if you know how to play on a piano you can play on keyboard, because i heard on keyboard you needa keep your hands on the chords and on piano you needa re-press them each time...

what do u suggest? also what is keyboard teacher? all the functions i can learn by myself and the auto's

[This message has been edited by retal (edited 02-11-2006).]

#194080 - 02/11/06 11:33 PM Re: Buying my first keyboard
jeremy_norbury Offline

Loc: Amsterdam,,The Netherlands
A PSR 3000 is simply a great keyboard. I have one and I cannot recommend it too highly. You'll see comments here (from pianists generally) about the "keyboard action" - but that's just nonsense IMNSHO. The keyboard action is light - like an organ (guess what - like a Yamaha organ) and is perfectly fine. I've played organs and keyboards for approaching 35 years and can honestly say it's as good as any other keyboard I've played on.

There are plenty of people who play "piano" and believe they also play "Keyboard". Well, they can't. They play piano on a keyboard which is really not the same at all.

What do you want to play, piano or keyboard?

Jerry

#194081 - 02/12/06 03:37 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
retal Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy_norbury:
A PSR 3000 is simply a great keyboard. I have one and I cannot recommend it too highly. You'll see comments here (from pianists generally) about the "keyboard action" - but that's just nonsense IMNSHO. The keyboard action is light - like an organ (guess what - like a Yamaha organ) and is perfectly fine. I've played organs and keyboards for approaching 35 years and can honestly say it's as good as any other keyboard I've played on.

There are plenty of people who play "piano" and believe they also play "Keyboard". Well, they can't. They play piano on a keyboard which is really not the same at all.

What do you want to play, piano or keyboard?

Jerry

with PSR-3000 i can have fun... use auto-accom.... got tonoz of styles and voices... and really have fun, with piano i can only play piano, thats why i wanted to combine th too.. ill learn also piano on a psr-3000, and later on ill buy me a RD-700SX to feel the good piano sound but will be still able to enjoy a good workstation arranger

#194082 - 02/12/06 03:54 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
nardoni2002 Offline

Retal, I am curious ,how old are you? i get the impression that you are quite young. The reason i ask , there is a vast amount to learn to play the piano properly and this will take many many years, the keyboard in my opinion is far easier, if you want to learn to play music just to to have fun, ie, a home player playing lots of easy songs, there are loads of shortcuts you can learn which will save you lots of time, but if you wish to play properly then it would be wise to get a good teacher.
The 3000 will give you a lot of fun because you will not be tied to the piano sounds only, there are loads and loads of different instruments to play on it, main and layers and so gives you plenty of variety,plus the accompaniments and the pads, have you tried one out in a store?

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 02-12-2006).]

#194083 - 02/12/06 04:04 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
retal Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
Retal, I am curious ,how old are you? i get the impression that you are quite young. The reason i ask , there is a vast amount to learn to play the piano properly and this will take many many years, the keyboard in my opinion is far easier, if you want to learn to play music just to to have fun, ie, a home player playing lots of easy songs, there are loads of shortcuts you can learn which will save you lots of time, but if you wish to play properly then it would be wise to get a good teacher.

I'm 23 years old.. my main goal for having a keyboard is playing phil collins, genesis, pet shop boys and more artists songs... or just playing them on winamp in the comp hehe and to accompany to their music and sound.. and basically have fun with music! my second goal is enjoy a good piano playing, but not too hard, i wanna start from something and then see how it works, got tonoz of stuff to learn and start with..

and yes i saw someone playing on a store in a psr-1500/3000 i was AMAZED, he was like playing electronic, and more stuff, my mouth was open.. i really enjoyed it, yea i know piano is hard... maybe i just wanna play, the easier the better, if i can play everything with keyboard and have fun, i guess i wont need piano, but i know for example cause i saw it that a RD-700SX sound is unbelievable, and it looks also much more fun to play on a 88-note keyboard...

[This message has been edited by retal (edited 02-12-2006).]

#194084 - 02/12/06 05:25 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
nardoni2002 Offline

Retal, there are shortcuts, if you learn ALL the chords and progressions in ONE octave, maybe C to C with your small finger anchored on C, then play music in the popular keys ,like C, F,Bb,G, there is a lot of music in these keys, it will still take you a while to play well,but will save you a lot of time, and you will have lots of fun playing without having to learn everything.

#194085 - 02/12/06 05:36 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
retal Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
Retal, there are shortcuts, if you learn ALL the chords and progressions in ONE octave, maybe C to C with your small finger anchored on C, then play music in the popular keys ,like C, F,Bb,G, there is a lot of music in these keys, it will still take you a while to play well,but will save you a lot of time, and you will have lots of fun playing without having to learn everything.

ok so where should i start? douno if there is keyboard teachers in my country, i think they only teach piano, douno... any tips to start learning from 0 how to play ?

#194086 - 02/12/06 06:11 AM Re: Buying my first keyboard
nardoni2002 Offline

Go to www.psrtutorial,com
click on music, click on, chord secrets, but while you are there search the whole site, there is a mountain of information, also a forum of friendly helpful people. mike

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online