SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#193987 - 09/12/03 11:09 AM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
Jos Maas Offline

Loc: Hantum, The Netherlands
Vquestor,

I never tried any of these products but my guess is that they should do this. Download the helpfile and look for this in the (N)RPN and Sysex section.

Jos

#193988 - 10/02/03 12:16 PM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all guys, I'm new here.
I saw all this interesting message about Arranger keyboardsand I like know what really you think about the Lionstracs Mediastation X-76. I know well this company and I saw in real this keyboard.
I don't want tell what this keyboard can really do, but I like know IF really the X-76 do all this stuff that they say in the webpage, what you really think?
Please, I like know what worldwide people really think about Mediastation..
waiting soon some replyes

Domenik

#193989 - 10/04/03 02:53 PM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roel:
[B]Another one : http://www.lionstracks.com

This one (Mediastation X-76) runs on Linux !
It worries me these guys did not succeed in building a 100% working internet-site.

Perhaps all stories about these 'machines' are just stories ?!

Roel

Hi Roel
thanks for your post
Sorry for our website, we are working in one new portal based in Postnuke, soon, really soon you can see all the new page, demo audio and video.
About the mediastation, is all true and not stories
Domenik

#193990 - 10/04/03 04:16 PM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
Roel Offline

Great !

You made us all very curious.

Tnx,
Roel

#193991 - 10/06/03 07:42 AM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Will it be possible to load new voices onto this keyboard? Are there popular softsynths that will run on Linux?
Starkeeper

#193992 - 10/27/03 10:43 AM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Hi Jos,
This is the one i'm waiting for, pc-based arranging. I've not tried OMB yet, but i've tried other software arranger but they would not work on my applications. I do play live using arrangers, midi files, cds & mp3s. So as you can see, pc-based music station is the ideal gadget for me. I'm tired also of upgrading keyboards & relearning them. Also i'm a big minimalist, i want a very compact, simple setup for my gigs.Now, my question is your current OMB can be used in real-life live performances mostly in non-stop dance situation? Can i use that using a laptop probably w/ an external sound module or a small footprint synth like korg x5d for compactness?
Thank you so much for your effort to help us musician to simplfy our lives!
Jimmy

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#193993 - 10/27/03 01:49 PM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
Jos Maas Offline

Jimmy,

OMB can be used as a live arranger. It uses styles in Yamaha format. It doesn't play midifiles, mp3's or CD's. Although it is used by professional musicians, not many use it as there main tool. That is, in studio's it is used as a pre-production tool to experiment with ideas. And performing artists use it to adjust the styles and create midifiles and try-out the thousands of styles (because you can load them directly from the PC hard drive). Most of them don't carry a PC on stage. If there would be an interest to use it as an on stage tool I could make adjustments. You can try the demo version at www.1manband.nl .

Jos

[This message has been edited by Jos Maas (edited 10-27-2003).]

#193994 - 10/27/03 09:44 PM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
synerjim Offline

Jos,
That's correct, i mean the only thing i'm not using my pc for is live arranging, but karaoke, mp3s & cd playing are now done on my laptop. I use my laptop, Korg PA80, 2 powered speakers & a subwoofer on my gigs. As u can see this already a simple setup but i want to eliminate the PA80 (still heavy to lug around)& replace it probably w/ smaller keyboard controller or a small synth that will also be used as the sound module (if possible w/ your OMB). I'm not a good kb player, i'm mainly a vocalist. I only play left hand chords w/ little melody or vamping on my right hand as i sing along.
I just tried the demo version & it sounds promising, i need to play with more. My quick questions are:
1)Can i load styles while another style is playing for non-stop medley performances?
2) Can i use a small synth as a controller & same time as the tone generator?
3) Can i also use a guitar w/ midi interface to control chord changes since i also play a little bit of guitar?
Thanks,
Jimmy

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#193995 - 10/28/03 03:46 AM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
Jos Maas Offline

Jimmy,

1) You can browse thru the styles on your hard drive while the accompaniment is playing. But when you select the style the accompaniment will stop. The delay to load the style is depending on how fast your computer is. You can test that with the demo. You can make medley-styles in OMB. That is you take a fill-in and main variation of 4 different styles and put them in the A, B, C and D variation of one style. That way you don't have to load a new style but just switch to a next variation. These styles work both in OMB as in PSR/DGX/Tyros keyboards.
2) Yes you can use a synth both as controller and sound generator.
3) You can use any midi controller for chord changes. Keyboard, bass pedals, accordion, guitar etc.

Jos

[This message has been edited by Jos Maas (edited 10-28-2003).]

#193996 - 11/21/03 10:03 AM Re: The future of arranger keyboards
synerjim Offline

Hi Jo,
I started to familiarize myself with the OMB. Since i use my laptop for my lyrics (Word doc) during live performances, is it possible to use OMB at the same time? (ie half screen)
Thanks,
Jaime

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online