SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#193784 - 04/20/03 04:49 PM I'm Falling - New Version
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Hello all,

I made some changes to the song with all the feedback that I received from you guys. It is complete for the most part. Please check it out and let me know what you think. I might re-record the guitar lead part and anything else that you guys might point out : )

Shaz

Here is high quality mp3: http://www.shahzadharoon.com/Falling_041903_M.mp3

This is lower quality Real Audio version: http://www.shahzadharoon.com/Falling_041903_M.ram

#193785 - 04/20/03 07:13 PM Re: I'm Falling - New Version
trtjazz Offline

Hmmm. couldn't get the link to work ???

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#193786 - 04/21/03 06:34 AM Re: I'm Falling - New Version
harosha Offline

Please try again. I tried it from three different machines and it works fine. The HiFi version is about 5Mb so it might take a while to download or open.

Thanks

Shaz

#193787 - 04/21/03 07:08 AM Re: I'm Falling - New Version
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hello Harosha,

I liked it, I liked it a lot! Very clean, very professional sounding.

Maybe you could describe your setup for us, what was making all those great sounds?

I read your bio...24 track all digital studio...nice!

mike

#193788 - 04/21/03 06:18 PM Re: I'm Falling - New Version
harosha Offline

Yes, I agree about the guitar lead and the vocals harmony. I'll fix that.

About my setup, I am using Cakewalk Sonar for Sequencing and recording, all the mixing is done using Yamaha 01V. The synths used on this song are Yamaha Motif 7 and Roland XV5050, I also used some loops in Sonar. The guitar parts are recorded using Ibanez S370 running through Boss GT3. For mastering I used Sound Forge. Initially the song was written using a Korg PA80, I never used any sounds from PA since I like Motif and XV sounds more.

[This message has been edited by harosha (edited 04-21-2003).]

#193789 - 04/21/03 08:22 PM Re: I'm Falling - New Version
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Shaz,

Sorry I didn't get to listen to the remake earlier--it's a big improvement over the first try. Donny is right about the vocal harmony. Bring both the lead and harmony up a notch or two and you'll have a real winner. The sounds are really crisp, clean and quite distinct. Excellent job.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#193790 - 04/22/03 02:32 PM Re: I'm Falling - New Version
Big Red Offline

Loc: Canada
Overall the sound is much improved over the first version you posted. That said, at over 5.5 minutes the song is way too long - would be a lot better at around 4 minutes.

That intro is absolutely intriguing and arresting, exactly what a good intro should be since songs submitted to record producers, etc. rarely get beyond the first 20 seconds - they just have too many songs on their desk every morning.

At 1min. 50sec., the chorus really needs to 'break out' more from the rest of the song. Having the repeating riff going through the chorus is okay, but could be backed off a bit and have some 'fullness' introduced (backing voices? brass?) - a bigger sound.

The guitar solo, etc. at almost a full minute would work better at half that length and the guitar needs to scream out more. The break you introduce almost at the end of the song where the bass drops out, would be a useful device right before the guitar solo.

Yes, this is very close and I wish you much success in your efforts.

Well done!

#193791 - 04/23/03 05:18 PM Re: I'm Falling - New Version
harosha Offline

These are some excellent suggestions guys! I will work on the harmony, guitar solo and try to figure out a way to make it shorter.

Thanks for all your help!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online