SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#193283 - 10/12/04 10:53 AM write style and performances
seanbaker Offline

I have modified my preset big band style on the PA1Xpro to include a different performance. How do I write this new style to include the new performace? Everytime I select write style performance it still defaults back to the preset performance that came with the original style I modified from. ???????

Is there a way to have the PA1xPro default to sound mode when turning on instead of style mode?

#193284 - 10/18/04 02:50 PM Re: write style and performances
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK, here is what I know about it.

I believe you have to 'UNLOCK" the specific option in global in order to 'OVERWRITE" a factory preset. Also, you can just write it to a user location.....

Also, No I do not believe you can boot up to sound mode. I have not seen an option for that. So, why not e-mail KORG to ask for that feature in a future release?

OH, I just downloaded & played some with OS V2.0... VERY NICE INDEED!

Have fun,
Lee

#193285 - 10/19/04 01:09 PM Re: write style and performances
seanbaker Offline

Thanks, Lee. That's what confuses me and I should have mentioned it. I did write the modified style to a user location. Whatt's the difference between write style, write style performance, and write STS? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

#193286 - 10/19/04 01:18 PM Re: write style and performances
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
What you need to do is write your custon changes into a PERFORMANCE.
Set up the rhythm you want, set the tempo, sounds etc and then got to the "write" menu:
and WRITE PERFORMANCE.

As far as I know, you can't power the board up in sound mode, just be sure to switch it b4 your first note.

STSs are the 4 sounds that are assigned to each STYLE. You can write them without writing a performance.

Korg is a slow learn, but after you "get it" it's not so bad.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online