SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#193257 - 01/20/02 08:55 PM Re: Just Got BACK from NAMM 2002: Checkout my Pics !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi everyone. Thanks for your nice replies. Glad everyone enjoyed the pics. Sorry I did'nt have the opportunity to take more.

Kelly: I had a chance to briefly introduce myself to Tim Marshall at the Yorkville booth and he told me he would mention that he met me the next time he talks to you.

Ryan: Yes, I thought the Genesis was rather large/heavy for a portable arranger. I really anxious to hear (from George Kaye or Chris Anthony) what the actual weight & dimensions are. Still, if you're looking for a single arranger music production workstation for recording a project from conception to final CD then the Genesis may be the answer. I somehow wonder if the Genesis may be trying to be 'too many things' to too many people though. It includes MP3, WAV, midi, & lyrics support which seems geared specifically for live performance and then a CD-W burner, digital recording capabilities, and speakers faced towards the player, which seem more geared for in-house studio production. It will be interesting to find out if Genesis can succesfully appease both the composer/studio production & perforance oriented gigging musician markets. With all the interest that Keyboard Magazine's editor's Ernie Rideout & Greg Rule showed in the GEM Genesis & Yamaha PSR2000, I wouldn't be suprised to see a review of these units (hopefully) appear in an upcoming Keyboard Magazine issue. Ryan: Btw, how's the game website you and your brothers are working on coming along? Hope you'll be able to purchase a keyboard pretty soon, cuz we're all really looking forward to hearing your music. -Scott

#193258 - 01/20/02 09:35 PM Re: Just Got BACK from NAMM 2002: Checkout my Pics !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Scott ,
Thanks for the pictures ! It was great to see you again . dano

#193259 - 01/23/02 04:44 PM Re: Just Got BACK from NAMM 2002: Checkout my Pics !
ComposerRyan Offline

Hey Scott! Yes, the GENESIS is a lot in one keyboard and it will be very interesting to see how successful it is in the future. I think that General Music got EVERYBODY'S attention with the GENESIS! It is loaded with the most amazing features, but will people buy a $4,000 keyboard? Hopefully GEM lowers the price on the keyboard to $2,000 - $2,500. But, overall, I am very impressed with General Music and they have showed the rest of the industry what they're capable of! The only problem I think people are going to have with it are the price and possibly the weight, otherwise there are no complaints here!

About our website: My brothers and I have been running the site, trying to keep it productive with new information and materials about American Conquest the Real Time Strategy game. Thanks for asking and if you want to, you can check it out at http://ptrnet.tripod.com/ac/ and stop by our forum and leave a comment! Our forum community has grown and we have had some very good discussions there relating to the game. I have to admit, it is very exciting to actually be a part of the development process of the game and receive new information and materials, such as screenshots and videos. We realize that our site wouldn't be the same without our visitors, who contribute their thoughts, leave their comments, and ask questions pertaining to the game.

Also, just to let you know, I have been working on the MIDI keyboard and music technology website when I find the time. It may be a little longer before the site is up and running, but I'll be sure to let you know! I'll feature Winter NAMM 2002 coverage on the site as well and keyboard specifications on General Music, Yamaha, Korg, and Roland keyboards too! I love keyboards and music, so I hope that this gives musicians something to look forward to, as it will be full of content relating to MIDI keyboards in general.

Well, thanks a lot for the care regarding my needs for a keyboard, I really appreciate that. Scott, if you find any good deals on a keyboard, pleeeease let me know! I need a keyboard that is under the $800 range, so if you can find any good deals please inform me! I am desparate for a keyboard, so I need all the help I can get!

Thanks a lot and see you around on the forum,
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#193260 - 01/23/02 01:00 PM Re: Just Got BACK from NAMM 2002: Checkout my Pics !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey Scott ...was that ELLIS HALL that took my picture ? dano

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online