SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#193140 - 10/27/04 03:17 PM The New Me...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Way back in June, I jumped on the scale and it rocketed over to 224 pounds. My resting pulse rate was way too high, about 95 to 100, blood pressure 130/75, cholesterol was nasty, triglicerides were even worse and most of my clothese were XLs and still fit too snug. Figuring that I wanted to live to the ripe old age of 108 and then be shot in the back of the head by a jealous husband, I decided to do something to help acheive that noteworthy goal. My spouse and I both opted to go on the South Beach Diet, and just 7 weeks ago, DNJ's entire family followed suit. Here are some before and after photos of me, 43 pounds lighter. DNJ is rapidly approaching the 40-pound weight loss milestone and I hope to have a photo of him to post in the near future.

Before...

After...

Six more pounds down and I'll be the same weight I was when I got married 42 years ago.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#193141 - 10/27/04 03:28 PM Re: The New Me...
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Lookin' Good my friend!!

------------------
...L

#193142 - 10/27/04 03:58 PM Re: The New Me...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
and then be shot in the back of the head by a jealous husband

... with a smile on your face!

Waydago, Gary!

#193143 - 10/27/04 04:10 PM Re: The New Me...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Congratulations Gary! You've definitely polished your 'diamond in the rough'!

Here's many years of good health to you. I look forward to seeing pics of the 'new' Donny Pesce as well. I've seen (many time over) how the South Beach Diet has turned around so many of my friend's & family members lives, so I'm thrilled to see how its changed yours as well. The next challenge after the weight lost is maintaining (for life) your newly discovered lifestyle of eating & living.

As for myself, I had joined 'Weight Watchers' over three years ago, and have successfully kept off the nearly 30 lb weight lost (more or less) since that time with their diet lifestyle maintenance (points) program. I've found Weight Watchers works best for me, and less restrictive (for my lifestyle) than the SB diet.

Diets don't necessarily mean missing out completely on all the foods we enjoy, but making a few dietary & lifestyle (regular excercise regime, food portion control) adjustments.

Gary. Enjoy life, good health & making music,

Scott

#193144 - 10/27/04 04:12 PM Re: The New Me...
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Gracious, that's amazing. Cheers. I guess I oughta check into that diet! I need to drop 20 or so.

#193145 - 10/27/04 04:17 PM Re: The New Me...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Looking Good Gary! I started my diet the day after Labor Day. So far I am down 20 pounds. I try to stay around 1000 to 1500 calories a day and I've been jogging about 3.5 miles every other day. On the days that I don't jog I try to get in at least a 30 minute walk.

Can you tell me a little about the South Beach diet?

Tom

Tom

#193146 - 10/27/04 05:29 PM Re: The New Me...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tom,

The South Beach Diet is not a low-carb or low-fat diet. Essentially, it teaches you to rely on the righ crabs and the right fats--all the good ones. It enables you to live without the bad carbs and fats, and as a result, you get slimmer and healthy. You eat normal size portions of meat, chicken, turkey, fish and shellfish, plus you'll eat lots of vegetables and other foods you enjoy. However, it does eliminate lots of sugars, starches and transfats, which is something we all should eliminate from our diets.

Becoming overweight is easy for an entertainer. Most of the private parties we play, restuarants we entertain in and other venues often have enormous quantities of fattening food available. And, of course, lots of beverages, including the ULTIMATE CARB--beer. During the past four months, I have not consumed anything at any venue that was not in the diet--and believe it or not, it was easy.

The best suggestion for anyone that wants to get back in shape is to buy the South Beach Diet book, read it thoroughly, and follow the program--step by step. As you can readily see, it really works and it works well.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#193147 - 10/27/04 05:34 PM Re: The New Me...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
My congratulations to you. You look great; I hope you feel great about your self too (it sounds like you do). I've not been so lucky with my weight. It's my fault, I know and I hope there is always tomorrow. Maybe you will inspire me.

#193148 - 10/27/04 06:16 PM Re: The New Me...
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
HOLY CRAP!!!! Gary!!!

Congratulations..you look sensational.

You are my new idol...I'm going to look into that diet.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#193149 - 10/27/04 06:48 PM Re: The New Me...
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Wow, the picture says it all.

Way to go, Gary! That's a mighty fine accomplishment. Keep it up.

Looking forward to seeing the new and improved Donny too.

-mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online