SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#193061 - 06/14/06 07:40 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
We don't just blindly post these assumptions. We use our knowledge and a companies "history" both past and present--taking into consideration their marketing strats to come to these conclusions. It's a FACT (not assumption) that Roland's arrangers don't weigh well when considering price against features, and then comparing them to companies such as Yamaha. Their prices are higher--plain and simple. Plus their dealer costs are higher too in several areas (such as their Boss equipment) Can't ignore that.

Now sound quality is always subjective, so I can see your point there. As far as price--again, their past and present marketing strats speak for that.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-14-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#193062 - 06/14/06 07:49 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:

squeak_D wrote:
We don't just blindly post these assumptions. We use our knowledge and a companies "history" both past and present--taking into consideration their marketing strats to come to these conclusions. It's a FACT (not assumption) that Roland's arrangers don't weigh well when considering price against features, and then comparing them to companies such as Yamaha.

Now sound quality is always subjective. As far as price--again their past and present marketing strats speak for that.

You are right, I was referring about sentences like:

Starkeeper wrote
Quote:

I haven't heard the E50, but the PSR1600 will blow the socks off it, IMO, without hearing either. It will probably have some megavoices, maybe even a few SA voices.
I suspect that Roland's messed up marketing will price the E50 close to the PSR31000 not PSR1600, which will make the PSR1600 a super value.

or
Craig_UK wrote:
Quote:

I've heard and seen the E80 and it isn't a vast improvement from the G70 so the lower specced E50 surely can't compete with what Yamaha are going to come out with.

IMHO this is a polite sentence:
Quote:

o3bor wrote:
I was very impressed by E-50.
Anyway I prefer Roland sounds to Yamaha, so I suggest you to check E-50 by yourself as soon as it hits the market.

My other 2 cents.

#193063 - 06/14/06 08:09 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
keybG Offline

I'm in italy and already have the prices for all 3 new boards from roland.(i don't want to do any adv. just look the web)

E-50 900 euro
E-60 1300 euro
E-80 3000 euro

The E-60 is in the same price range with yamaha psr 3000 but with 76 keys. Only concern is that has only 120 styles. I can't understand why Roland is doing that. Maybe beacuse the G-70 has only 285, therefore the new series couldn't have more than the half.
I already tested the yamaha 1500-3000 very nice boards in the half price of Tyros.
In the other hand I was always very impresed with the pianos from Roland and with a 76 keybed (E-60) and quality styles for me this is also will do. Wiss had a few more...
I think that Roland is back in the middle range of pro arrangers...

#193064 - 06/14/06 08:20 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
Dnj Offline

What really irks me is that here where we live between some of the biggest cities in the USA New York/Philadelphia etc its almost impossible to find/play Roland products G70/E80 etc amongst the other biggies also Yamaha/Korg/Ketron also in the Big Chain Stores....what the heck is going on.....has the Internet totally ruined the buying experience & surrendering the consumer to having to BUY a Top keyboard with a 30/45 day return policy ...then after you play it and don't like it simply send it back & try again? then they can sell B Stock to people who want a cheaper price? Whats happened to the days when you can call a good local store ...make an appointment to spend a few ours with a keyboard and play it in the store with an intelligent sales man or store owner so you can make a wise decision or comparison to buy & know you'll have their backup for support & service after the sale Arrrrgggggg....whats the use ?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-14-2006).]

#193065 - 06/14/06 08:27 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi keybG!
I'm in Italy too!!!

Quote:

The E-60 is in the same price range with yamaha psr 3000 but with 76 keys. Only concern is that has only 120 styles. I can't understand why Roland is doing that. Maybe beacuse the G-70 has only 285, therefore the new series couldn't have more than the half.

you are right, but remember that the E50/60 has an expansion memory where you can put additional styles, and it is fully compatible with E80 and G70 styles! (how will it be difficoult to connect to a E80 and copy all the styles from its memory to your memory device SD or CF??? )

regards...

#193066 - 06/14/06 08:41 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
squeak_D Offline

Posted by: Dnj

---------------------------------------------
What really irks me is that here where we live between some of the biggest cities in the USA New York/Philadelphia etc its almost impossible to find/play Roland products G70/E80 etc amongst the other biggies also Yamaha/Korg/Ketron also in the Big Chain Stores....what the heck is going on.....has the Internet totally ruined the buying experience & surrendering the consumer to having to BUY a Top keyboard with a 30/45 day return policy ...then after you play it and don't like it simply send it back & try again? then they can sell B Stock to people who want a cheaper price? Whats happened to the days when you can call a good local store ...make an appointment to spend a few ours with a keyboard and play it in the store with an intelligent sales man or store owner so you can make a wise decision or comparison to buy & know you'll have their backup for support & service after the sale Arrrrgggggg....whats the use ?
---------------------------------------------

Dnj, I am sooooo with you on this! You're right on the money there. The internet is really killing ones ability to test drive an instrument as we once did through our local dealers. Too bad we all don't have George Kayes, and DanO's in our towns and cities.

I live in the state of West Virginia...., when I demoed the PSR-3000 it was in a store that was (3) hours from my home! The store I visited was in Morgantown West Virginia. Geez! and I don't live in the boonies either This has to be one of probably less than 3 stores in my entire state that carry these models. No one carrys the high and med end arrangers, and MANY in my area don't even carry the top synths.., then to really top it off NO ONE knows how to use the damn things.

EVERY music store I have visited in WV.., I have found that 90% of the employees were guitar players, bass players, and drummers. I have yet to meet a "qualified" keyboard salesman in this state. Are we a deminishing breed?

Just a quick side note here.... I have been offered SOOOO many jobs by music stores here to sell keyboards for them, but the damn jerks are sooo cheap, they wan't me to demo Casio's lowest end (all models bellow the WK's), and the lowest of the PSR range. These are keyboards you buy at any local Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sams Club, and other department stores, and they wan't me to demo these things??????

Squeak

GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#193067 - 06/14/06 09:02 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
keybG Offline

Hey guys what's going on in the USA?
Here in Italy you can find a music store in every corner.
Every day you can go in a different store and play with the boards, so you don't have to buy one....hahahahaha
But it's very sad what you are saying!

Ciao Phantom75 !!!

#193068 - 06/14/06 09:08 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
squeak_D Offline

Geez you're lucky! It's not like that in the US. Here in the US so many people now have the "quick give it to me now and do it cheaper than everyone else" mind set.

It seems more and more Americans are just looking for the "absolute best deal" and by doing so we're phasing out in store sales (especially in the music instrument world). I have such high respect for people like George Kaye, and DanO who run music stores in the US. Competition with the internet is really high. I'm sure George and other store owners can tell you that they find customers asking more often "Can you match internet and catalog prices"? The stores now find themselves obligated to due this to keep a sale, and then take a bit of loss (which they do because for example: George Kayes dealer cost on a PSR-3000 is considerably more than say MusiciansFriend's dealer price). Online retailers buy stock in the hundreds and thousands where as local dealers can only afford one or maybe two (one on the floor, and one in the box).

Squeak

#193069 - 06/14/06 11:33 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Roland E50, 900 Uros = $1,134.01 US
Yamaha PSR3000 = $1,500.US
Yamaha PSR1500 = $1,295. US
We'll see what the price is when it hits the U.S. and Canada.

#193070 - 06/14/06 11:57 AM Re: yamaha 1500 vs roland E-50
squeak_D Offline

Starkeeper, here in the US the going price for the PSR-1500 is $999.00 It comes in just under a grand. That's why I said I thought the 1500 was a good value for the money.

Squeak

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online