SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#192943 - 01/16/02 04:39 AM FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Fabio has asked me to point out to you a host of new styles that he has produced for the Korg PA-80. He is by far the most productive guy if it comes to creating as well as converting styles for this professional arranger keyboard by Korg. He would like to hear what you think of them, and obviously if you own a PA you can download them (for free). But even if you do not own a PA try and listen in to the MP3 demos of some of his styles, you will be pleasantly surprised.
If you go to the pages indicated below bear in mind that if you click the symbol to the left of the style set you will download the actual styles, if you click the symbol to the
RIGHT of the style set you will download the
DEMO of these style(s)!!!!!
you will find these demos at :
http://www.chez.com/fabiopa80korg/stylesfabio.htm
http://www.chez.com/fabiopa80korg/stylesoriginal.htm

#192944 - 01/16/02 10:24 PM Re: FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
This guy Fabio is really incredible! He has been updating his website and supplying all sorts of goodies to us pa80 owners, on an almost daily basis. I think Korg should be paying him for all that he does to promote and advance the pa80. He doesn't speak english, so I don't know if he realizes how much we appreciate all he has offered to us! Thanks for posting his info here, John...

Tom G.

#192945 - 01/17/02 02:09 AM Re: FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
john smies Offline

Tom,

I could not agree more. have meanwhile passed on your message here to Fabio.(in french that is).
have you already been able to lay your hands on one of those damn 'flashcards' at an affordable price ?????
greetings,

John.

#192946 - 01/17/02 03:23 AM Re: FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Thank's for the great links.
Great page for all PA80 keyboardusers.
Maybe I can convert for KN some day
GJ

Btw.
John, bring my greetings to, i don't
speak french.

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 01-17-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#192947 - 01/17/02 11:11 AM Re: FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Thanks John! I bookmarked the page. Thank Fabio for me too. Wish he could be in this forum !

Shiral

#192948 - 01/18/02 02:13 AM Re: FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Fabio should use Alta Vista Babelfish to translate his messages. Even though the English would be kinda broken it would still be understandable.

#192949 - 01/18/02 10:30 PM Re: FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
TomTomSF Offline

Hi Nigel
We've tried Babelfish when corresponding with Fabio. It sure helps sometimes. But it does literal translations that don't work too well when discussing keyboards.
We were all laughing about "style sauce" a little while ago. It seems Babelfish thinks "salsa style" means that!!
Tom

#192950 - 01/18/02 10:34 PM Re: FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
TomTomSF Offline

John
I forgot to mention that I'm not really looking for the memory card. I don't need to add drum sampling. If Korg had made it possible to do more than that, I'd go for it. I'm not about to spend $200 to play around with better drum samples.
Tom

#192951 - 01/19/02 01:43 AM Re: FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
john smies Offline

Tom,

Sorry Tom but I meant the empty 8Mb flashcards which will enable us to load full
multisamples from Triton and others (WAV).
These should enable us to e.g. load a much better acoustic piano as well as many other basically different sounds as they come from new samples. I think this is the real gem in the 3.0 update, but unfortunately Korg have created a mess around the availability and pricing of these cards. In Holland I could get one for appr $ 320.= !!! (that is for an empty 8 Mb card ) which is of course absurd.
Oh well in view of what George has said about the new GEM Genesis later on this year,it looks like we will all have to be saving up again...........

greetings,

john.

#192952 - 01/19/02 06:58 AM Re: FABIO'S NEW KORG PA-80 STYLES (demos)
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Save up for a GEM? Not me.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online