SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#192879 - 01/26/03 03:45 AM Wow! Look at this Drum machine, Boss DR-3
puzk Offline

Hi everyone,

I was checking out the new stuff from NAMM, and saw this drum machine, BOSS DR-3 Dr Rhythm.

Here's the link for more info:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM03/Content/Boss/PR/DR-3.html

It seems that this drum machine is different to the others I've tried out. It's actually got INTRO, FILL, and ENDING buttons just like an arranger! I'm excited about this rhythm machine, does anyone know more about this product? any comments from people who actually went to NAMM?

#192880 - 01/26/03 06:08 AM Re: Wow! Look at this Drum machine, Boss DR-3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nice drum machine I like how they have its controls similar to an arranger. I wonder if you're able to select fills outside the ones for the presets. On my Zoom drum machine it allows you to use any fill with any pattern. Boss did a good job on this one.. The face panel layout is really easy to understand. Anyone know what the price is?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#192881 - 01/26/03 05:53 PM Re: Wow! Look at this Drum machine, Boss DR-3
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
Intros,Fills, and Endings on a Drum Machine!
What took them so long? Now they just need MULTIPLE intros and endings! More,More More!
Bill

#192882 - 01/26/03 06:45 PM Re: Wow! Look at this Drum machine, Boss DR-3
BuleriaChk Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara,CA,USA
You might want to look at the Zoom RT-323; you can setup patterns to switch in all kinds of ways in realtime. Plus a LOT of other cpabilities (store patterns on flashcard, two drum tracks, a "song" track, and a bass track.)

Only gotcha is that it only has a 1/4 beat (true of all Zoom equipment), so no 7/8 etc. unless you do 7/4 and play at double tempo...

But the sounds are great, and the kits pretty extensive....

#192883 - 01/27/03 01:42 AM Re: Wow! Look at this Drum machine, Boss DR-3
puzk Offline

3 variations, only 1 intro and ending. No MIDI out? Why? Only has MIDI in though... Could've been better if I can MIDI it out to another synth.

Apparantly It's retail price is $225US.

I guess it's looks good for me. I'm considering one..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online