SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#192816 - 11/24/05 07:39 AM Re: T2 sound question?
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Allrrright DerfM:

Do you have a ty2 also?.....pose

#192817 - 11/24/05 03:11 PM Re: T2 sound question?
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Pose. . .

Sure am. I bought the T2 to replace my PSR2100. Having fun trying to get the best out of this new machine. DerfM

#192818 - 11/24/05 05:56 PM Re: T2 sound question?
loungelyzard Offline

DerfM:

Did you receive yours with the main eq set to flat? Have you set up a user 1 or 2 main eq yet? If so I'm wondering what you and others ended up with?

I'm still fooling with mine, I hav'nt found a setting that works for everything, and I'm sure hoping I don't have to change each voice around to get them sounding right.

I spent 3 years tweaking my old 9000 to get all the voices sounding the best they could, so far the 9000 sounds better than the ty2 for instance the grand on the 9k sounds close to the grand demo on the tyros, but the actual grand on MY tyros dos'nt sound all that great. I know its gotta be settings, but it should come from the factory with everyting set!

How does yours sound from the box?

pose

#192819 - 11/26/05 12:35 AM Re: T2 sound question?
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
POSE. . .
My T2 did come with flat eq and sounded that
way. Right now I've got it at 0.7 80 and
3-3-4-4-9. I think it sounds like it has more punch or livlier. . .to my ear anyway. I'd also like to know what others are doing. Another thing. . .some of the SA voices when played don't sound like the demo sound (warmsolid guitar, for example).
Maybe it's me. Cheers, DerfM

#192820 - 11/26/05 06:01 AM Re: T2 sound question?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I suspect the global EQ in the T2 is similar to that in the PSR-3000. The best settings for the keyboard I have found while using the Z-5500 system are 5, 3, 2, 6, 10. This provides lots of gut thumping bass, great mids for piano sounds and vocals, and lots of high end sizzle for guitars and cymbals.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#192821 - 11/26/05 08:43 AM Re: T2 sound question?
loungelyzard Offline

Derf and Gary:

Thanks for your settings, I'll give them a try sometime today. But got to do some rehearsing and try and get some songs out of the ty2's music finder, gotta play tonight and the ty2's all I got to do it with, so with only about 6 hours of hands on, its gonna hafta do......Pose

#192822 - 11/26/05 10:41 AM Re: T2 sound question?
loungelyzard Offline

Managed to give both settings a try.. Both sounded a lot better, than what I had quickly stuck in there.

Derf Your grand sound sounded a wee better than Gary's but Gary's overall was the best for the guitars, and still had a good Grand, my vocals were just a bit treblie, don't have time to fool around with the vocal eq right now, took the last setting of 10 on yours Gary and lowered it to 8 got the old whiskey throat back, everything sounds much better. out front the sound is good, gotta get a monitor going for me at the board, next project...

Thanks very much guys, I'm really starting to love this tyros2, Its still going to take a lot of tinkering to get it as polished as the 9000 was...but the outcome should be fabulous.....pose

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online