SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#192743 - 03/12/02 07:10 PM How the styles from oriental X1 sound on usual X1?
GaryM Offline

Loc: Wheeling, IL, USA
Did anybody try to compare how the styles from oriental Ketron X1 sound on usual X1?
If anybody has oriental X1 could you send me
few styles for comparison?

Thanks,

GaryM.

#192744 - 03/12/02 08:47 PM Re: How the styles from oriental X1 sound on usual X1?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Gary,
there is no difference between the two X1 sounds. The X1oriental only has the sounds saved in the hard drive and you must load them into the user internal area every time you turn on the X1oriental. The regular X1 doesn't come from the factory with the sounds in the hard drive and so you must buy the flash card X1oriental kit. Many customers in the US and around the world have copied the sounds from the hard drive of the X1oriental onto 8 floppy disks and have distributed these disks to friends via email and by mail. You can also copy the 40 styles off the hard drive the same way. There is absolutely no difference with these sounds once they have been loaded into a non X1 oriental. However, the operating system is different and you can download the oriental operating system from the Ketron home site and then you have the whole system. The X1oriental does have a joy stick in place of the mod wheel and pitch bend wheel and there are a few words painted on the keyboards's surface with some additional words for the oriental customer to know where certain functions are.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#192745 - 03/12/02 11:50 PM Re: How the styles from oriental X1 sound on usual X1?
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Couldn't put it any better than George did.

As a matter of fact Gary, I bought a NON oriental X1 that does not have the pitch bender nor the extra labels on the outside, but it was loaded with the Oriental Kit (8 files), and I am using the sounds and patterns of the oriental kit by simply loading them into RAM each time I turn on the board.

If u need any help with this let me know Gary.

#192746 - 03/13/02 06:32 PM Re: How the styles from oriental X1 sound on usual X1?
Denis007 Offline

Loc: Ottawa,ONT,CANADA
Hello guys,

After download, will regular X1 be able to
play styles with arabic kit ?
In other words, will it be able to play converted Roland EM2000 oriental styles which have arabic kit assigned to percussions.

Thanks
Denis

#192747 - 03/13/02 10:44 PM Re: How the styles from oriental X1 sound on usual X1?
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Hi Denis,

If the converted styles from the Roland are mapped to the Roland drumkit percussoins and that is most likely different keymap from the arab drum kit on the X1, then obviously those styles won't sound right.

Installing the arabickit on the X1 though will give you 40 patterns that are ready to go made with the arab drum kit for the X1. Moreover if u have an styles converted from anywhere using a GM drumkit then they should work.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online