SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#192726 - 06/13/03 06:59 PM Gig Disk #6 ....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well guys and gals, I just sent the final version of Gig Disk #6 to Joe Waters to be posted at www.psrtutorial.com . Joe said he would post it as soon as possible, possibly late tonight or tomorrow night. Though I was hoping to fill the requests of everyone, there were a few styles that I just could find in the archives. Some of the styles/songs requested were on other gig disks that were previously posted at Joe's site. There was one style/song that I was just not sure of, therefore, I'll as for a bit of help from the forum members. I titled it "Take The A Train" but I'm sure that this is the wrong title. Those of us who are over age 60 will probably recongnize it immediately. When you do, let me or Joe know so the appropriate change can be made. The following is the list I just sent to Joe:

All Or Nothing At All
All The Way
Baby Face
Bad Leroy Brown
Birth Of The Blues
By The Light Of The Silvery Moon
Call Me Irresponsible
Chatanoga Choo Choo
Cheek To Cheek
Come Fly With Me
I Get A Kick Out Of You
I Love Paris
In The Mood
It's A Sin To Tell A Lie
I've Got You Under My Skin
Just A Gigolo
Just One Of Those Things
Mack The Knife
Make Love To Me
My Funny Valentine
Nice & Easy
Night And Day
Roses Are Red
SanFrancisco
September In The Rain
September Song
Summer Wind
Take Five
Take The A Train
That's Life
They Can't Take That Away From Me
Time After Time
You Belong To Me

Enjoy,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#192727 - 06/13/03 07:18 PM Re: Gig Disk #6 ....
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Gary.

I am still loving the first 5 disks.
You made a great job.

Chico

#192728 - 06/13/03 07:19 PM Re: Gig Disk #6 ....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
'Take The A Train' is one of of my fav classic Duke Ellington big band swing tunes in which I like to use the Yamaha Tyros internal style: 'Big Band Fast1' at 180 bpm.

btw: Billy Stayhorn wrote the lyrics:

You must take the A train
To go to Sugar Hill way up in Harlem

If you miss the A train
You'll find you missed the quickest way to Harlem

Hurry, get on, now it's coming
Listen to those rails a-humming

All aboard, get on the A train
Soon you will be on Sugar Hill in Harlem

#192729 - 06/13/03 08:19 PM Re: Gig Disk #6 ....
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks guys and gals. I'm reasonably sure I have the title wrong for Take The A Train, and if you go to my post on SVPworld you can download the style file for that particular title. Something in my weary brain kept telling me that Take The A Train fit that style, but I know I'm wrong. Guess I'm gettin' old. My wife tells me the mind is the second thing to go--I don't dare ask what was the first.

Cheers,

Gary

#192730 - 06/14/03 06:38 AM Re: Gig Disk #6 ....
travlin'easy Offline

The damned cat got me out of bed at 6:00 a.m., so I decided I should add a few notes to this post:

Graham: Hopefully, there are no repeats of styles from previous Gig Disks, or at least I don't believe there are any on #6. You're going to have lots of fun with this one, mainly because you and I are in the same age category.

Tony Mads USA: I found a few smooth jazz styles, but not as many as I would have preferred. I believe you'll enjoy the ones I used.

J. Larry: I'm still trying to find some western swing styles for you, and I believe I may have stumbled onto a great source for future use. Maybe Gig Disk #7.

Angelo: I couldn't find a suitable, third-party style for Strangers in Paradise or Cabaret, but the other songs you requested are on the disk. Thanks for the suggestions.

Terry (Trjazz): I also was unable to find suitable styles for Till Than, but all the other songs are either listed on previous disks or on the new one.

Charlie (rattley): Thanks for providing some of the style files you converted from the SD1. You did an excellent job in the conversions, and I sincerely believe that most sound better now than they did in their orriginal format for the SD1.

Thanks everyone for your input and help,

Gary

#192731 - 06/14/03 07:11 AM Re: Gig Disk #6 ....
travlin'easy Offline

A little light-bulb just went on in my brain and the correct name for "Take The A Train" should be "Tuxedo Junction" a great tune by Glenn Miller. Damned cat!

Gary

#192732 - 06/15/03 06:42 AM Re: Gig Disk #6 ....
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Gary,

Many , many thanks for your new "GIG" 6.

A super job as usual. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

I am having a ball fitting them to certain songs which I am going to use to record for my next volume on Joe Waters excellent site.

Again many thanks.
Alex

#192733 - 06/15/03 07:30 AM Re: Gig Disk #6 ....
travlin'easy Offline

Glad you're enjoying them Alex. Some folks have already sent emails and asked when I'm going to do #7. That will be sometime in the next few months--too many irons in the fire right now. Or, as my wife says "Your plate is so full no one could eat that damned much."

Cheers,

Gary

#192734 - 06/15/03 08:52 AM Re: Gig Disk #6 ....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Gary: NICE compilation of style assignments to some great tunes. Many thanks for your hard work & overwhelming generousity. btw: that style you had previously assigned to 'Take the A Train' does sound a lot better on 'Tuxedo Junction'.

Realizing that you've customized the song-styles for the PSR2000 specifically, I've only had the chance to try them out on my Tyros. Most work pretty good on the Tyros except for a few minor glitches where the volume balances was a little off & some accomp parts (piano?) play in the wrong (too high) octave. I really look forward to trying them out on the PSR2000 now, though I admittedly haven't taken it out (of the closet) for quite some time now. - Scott

#192735 - 06/15/03 12:20 PM Re: Gig Disk #6 ....
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Scott,

You'll have lots of fun with these. You probably will have to reset some of the volumes for the Tyros, but they sounded pretty good on the 2000.

Cheers,

Gary

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online