SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#192680 - 12/18/04 02:41 PM Louisiana Get-together
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've just learned that DNJ and Gary D. will NOT be coming as scheduled. Evidently Donny had something quite unexpected come up. Since Scott Y. and Eddie are both unable to come, it seems there won't be much of a meeting! I've been unable to reach Tom C. yet.
As always, our friends will be welcome, but as the nucleus of the affair has sort of dissolved, we have cancelled our special plans.
Please let me know if anyone else still plans to come. There will still be plenty to do and a time and place to jam. Hank The Lurker and I have plenty of keyboards and sound gear.
Maybe we can reschedule at another time.
Needless to say, we are very disappointed!
DonM

#192681 - 12/18/04 03:20 PM Re: Louisiana Get-together
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI DON,
I will be coming through your area in my new motorhome packing 2 or 3 keyboards and my dog in April on the way to the Synthzone Jam in Florida April 15th.
Are you far off I-10?
I will be heading up to BENTON, KY on my way back but don't yet know what route I should be taking for that.
Happy Holidays to you and yours and all the General Arranger Forum Members,
Bebop

#192682 - 12/18/04 03:38 PM Re: Louisiana Get-together
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hi Bill,
Would love to see you, but we are on the other end of the state from I-10. Maybe you can come through on the way back.
Merry Christmas.
DonM

#192683 - 12/18/04 09:47 PM Re: Louisiana Get-together
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Don...
Really sorry to hear about the Jan. cancelation...even though I couldn't make it anyway. Looking at the calendar, I'm thinking maybe toward the end of April or early May..before the the summer season starts above the Mason-Dixon Line.
Eddie

#192684 - 12/18/04 11:10 PM Re: Louisiana Get-together
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi DonM

Thanx for alerting us, as I was still considering coming if the coast looked clear.

Would be fun seeing everybody. Maybe April will work out.

Best
Scott

#192685 - 12/19/04 12:11 AM Re: Louisiana Get-together
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Yep, thanks for heads up and sorry it won't happen. I was constantly juggling things around to be there.

#192686 - 12/19/04 07:36 AM Re: Louisiana Get-together
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sorry things just didn't work out for this particular trip, but there's a possibility that my wife and I may just fire up the old van and make another whirlwind trip this summer if the schedule opens up a bit. We've been talking about it, but as of now, it's still in just the talking stage. She may be retiring this summer, which would make a trip of this nature a bit easier. As for me, I still get to retire 3 days after I'm dead. One way or another, we'll try to put something together this spring or summer, possibly in the form of a mid-Atlantic jam.

Happy Holidays everyone,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#192687 - 12/19/04 08:15 AM Re: Louisiana Get-together
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Don: We are sad to hear the January Jam has dissolved. Oh well,maybe later. Shoestring Music wishes all the Synthzone Regulars a very Merry Christmas and a Great 2005.

#192688 - 12/19/04 08:39 AM Re: Louisiana Get-together
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi gang. Quite a suprise to suddenly discover the Louisiana get together 'called off'. Remembering that both Donny Pesce & Gary Diamond had pre-purchased their air tickets, I only hope that they didn't purchase NON-REFUNDABLE ones.

On one hand, disappointing to hear this event's been called off, but on the other hand, coming from a strictly personal & selfish perspective, because I too (due to scheduling conflicts) was forced to cancel (albeit over a month ago), I'm feeling a little better now that I'm not gonna miss out on an 'event of a lifetime' music jam with the pro senior members of our forum.

On a related topic: I'm excited & all set now for my Florida trip in April 2005. I've now purchased my airline tickets (non-refundable ) & reserved the hotel. In addition to spending a few days in Orlando at Epcot & the Magic Kingdom, I'll be attending the OFFICIAL Synthzone East Coast Jam (in Lady Lake, FL) on Sunday 4/17th: http://home.earthlink.net/~eastcoastjam/

Unfortunately, there are VERY few openings left (40 person Maximum: currently confirmed: 36), so if you don't want to miss out on what promises to be a 'fun filled' memorable arranger keyboard weekend in Florida, RESERVE your space TODAY! Here's the Jam agenda & list of confirmed attendee's so far: http://home.earthlink.net/~eastcoastjam/id2.html

Scott

#192689 - 12/19/04 11:48 AM Re: Louisiana Get-together
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
Shoestring Music wishes all the Synthzone Regulars a very Merry Christmas and a Great 2005.

Lynn. Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed listening to your songs at: http://www.demosongsite.com/

I had initally (mistakenly ) thought that you were the female backup singer, but after closer listen & inspection of the MP3 file songwriting credits, realize that your full name is: David Lynn Rice, right? Can I conclude that it's you who is the male lead singer on all these songs?

Can you possibly share with us what keyboard, equipment, and recording hardware/software was used for your recordings?

If others here haven't heard Riceroni9's music yet, I highly recommend taking the time to listen. Good pro quality music performed with conviction. Bravo!

Happy Holidays to all,

Scott

#192690 - 12/19/04 04:59 PM Re: Louisiana Get-together
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Scott:

Thanks for the nice words. You also get an "A" for your capabilities as a detective. The lead singer at Shoestring is my partner, Mike Hackworth. I have only recently begun to sing a few tunes to relieve the burden on Mike and to get more of our songs in the pipeline.

We were sure looking forward to meeting you and all the senior Synthzone gurus in Shreveport. Mike uses a Tyros and I struggle along with the PSR 2000. In our relationship, Mike is the musician and singer and I am only a humble lyricist.

Keep listening. We are writing new songs at an average rate of 2 (or more) per month.

Best Regards, David Lynn Rice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online