SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#192393 - 09/06/04 06:40 AM Good quality but affordable wireless mic system... Suggestions, please?
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hello!

I need to buy a wireless mic system (not a headset). Through some research on the Internet I've seen that the "Performance Gear" Beta 58 is probably one of the cheapest systems, while having good quality (at least that's what I think, since I've a wired Beta 58 and really like it). This is the Shure system I'm talking about: http://www.shure.com/wireless/pg/default.asp (it's the first one on the webpage).
Is anyone using this one?

I'm aware that a wireless mic will never sound as good as the wired version, but I will have to accept it and live with it.

I've heard some very good comments about Audix OM-3 and OM-5 comparing to Shure mics, but I don't know if there is any wireless system including any of these mics...

Are there another good systems, in the price range of the "Performance Gear" Beta 58, that maybe i'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Luis santos

[This message has been edited by Luis.Santos (edited 09-06-2004).]

#192394 - 09/06/04 11:10 AM Re: Good quality but affordable wireless mic system... Suggestions, please?
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Any help will be appreciated...
Thanks

#192395 - 09/06/04 12:55 PM Re: Good quality but affordable wireless mic system... Suggestions, please?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Louis,

This is the system I use and it provides excellent quality. In fact, I cannot tell any difference between running wireless or hard wired.

You'll find it at http://www.zzounds.com/item--SAMSWQSHX

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#192396 - 09/06/04 04:17 PM Re: Good quality but affordable wireless mic system... Suggestions, please?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You do suffer a little high end loss with a wireless, but it's nominal. Most people can overcome the inadequacies with EQ push in the top end.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online