SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#192308 - 09/14/00 04:45 PM Re: Fantasy Roland VA-7 Plus
DannyUK Offline

Absolutely right Alex..

Big companies on purpously do this so that your set up comprises of more than one component to produce the perfect sound or function, eg, SPEND AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU CAN ! Until little fish companies like Solton come along and get it almost right in one go, what have they got to lose?

As for GEM, have they not got LEM as well for synths etc..? im not too familiar with GEM but on one of the catalogues I read they had so many things they make other than keyboards.

One day, there will be a keyboard created that all it will have is a HD, DVD ROM drive and gigbites of RAM to play with and nothing else, no onboard sounds or styles... but this is the best bit.. with the keyboard will come a few DVD discs that contain PERFECT samples in which you will have the ability to load them into the keyboard as you wish and store likewise.. what you dont like you dont include...you will never need to buy another keyboard again because this company will only need to release new DVDs and possibly RAM upgrades because with better samples the data sizes increase!

(maybe there is such a thing but I dont know of it !!)

DannyUK

#192309 - 09/14/00 10:37 PM Re: Fantasy Roland VA-7 Plus
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Alex

I do not doubt that the PSR9000Pro will miss some features. In particular, I agree that should have designed a better case instead of using old EX5 parts. But--the PSR9000Pro is (will be) arguably Yamaha's best synth. It has the most ROM of any Yamaha keyboard and is as expandable as any Yamaha keyboard. (And it has the sockets for two "swan-neck" lamps )

I think that many of the members of this group are more sophisticated than the target market of most arranger keyboards, even the high-end arranger keyboards. I feel like Yamaha and Solton are targeting us. We have yet to appear on Roland's and Korg's radars. But this cannot last.

The activity level of this group, the growth of arranger e-groups, and the growth of style sites, all demonstrate the growing significance of the high-end arranger market. If the PSR9000Pro sells well, you might see a VA-9 with ROM slots and possibly a PA-90 with a MOSS expansion in 2002.

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 09-14-2000).]

#192310 - 09/15/00 06:37 AM Re: Fantasy Roland VA-7 Plus
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
Uncle Dave:
All cars have airbags!! If Ford suddenly makes a car without airbag, when the tech. is there and WAS used before this car, you cannot use your vision and say: well when i started driving, I even had to open the windows with my hands!
Sorry Dave but your opinion doesnt fall well. If something is there USE it. Dont be happy stating that it was worse in the past. What good will that do?

Alex K:
"In fact, the high end of the arranger keyboard market is going to be driven by small companies, like Solton (and GEM?), who only make arranger keyboards; albeit they may not have the resources to stay abreast of the music technologies."
Sorry but SOLTON doesnt make Arranger Keyboards. They make musical products. As a little interest area (less than 1% !!!!) they make Arrangers. Imagine that! If they would ONLY focus on keyboards, the would def. make a dreammachine. Solton doesnt care for Arrangers, whether they sell or not. Because it is a very very small division compared to their professional product line (studio mixers, PA etc etc. but NOTHING else with key's !).

Ilija

#192311 - 09/15/00 07:20 AM Re: Fantasy Roland VA-7 Plus
Clif Anderson Offline

People who sell keyboards have a vested interest in having people satisfied with what is currently available. I appreciate what Uncle Dave and others have done to help me get more out of my PSR8000. However, as we get to know our equipment, we get to know what else we want. If many of us want the same things, then we should communicate that to the manufacturers. If they respond, everyone benefits.

If the PSR9000Pro has not been invented yet, then it will not be announced this year. Time will tell.

#192312 - 09/15/00 09:25 AM Re: Fantasy Roland VA-7 Plus
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Iliija, Where do you get your info? Solton 's main production is arranging keyboards and has been since the early 80's. In fact they were ahead of everyone with the professional specs of the TS4. Where did you get the fact they do less then 1% volume in keyboard products? Several years back Solton combined with Ketron, They are the people that developed the Bit One and Bit 99, as well as making the arranger products for Rodger keyboards..I think you can see they have a major interest in the arranger market....Fran

#192313 - 09/16/00 05:12 AM Re: Fantasy Roland VA-7 Plus
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
Where I got my info? From Solton/Ketron itself of course! Could it be that they do more Arranger US only?

Ilija

#192314 - 09/16/00 06:00 AM Re: Fantasy Roland VA-7 Plus
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
guys actuly I have never ever heard about solton before except here in usa.and I don't even know how does that keyboard sound, so at least guys, one of you open a site and put some mp3s, to make every body listen to that keyboard,or at least some one send me an mp3 for that keyboard because you guys talk about rthat keyboard alot and many of us doesn't even know how it sounds!

#192315 - 09/16/00 08:42 AM Re: Fantasy Roland VA-7 Plus
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
ilja,

don't you ever get bored with your own
inacurate information (Kurzweil, Solton,
etc.) Give us a break, will you ?!!

john.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online