SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#192244 - 05/25/05 01:14 AM Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I want to try my Tyros settings on the PSR3000. I have a Jump Drive. Wondering if there is anything special I need to know or do with the Tyros files. Example, what about Registrations. Mine are 3 layers, the 3000 will only use 2 voices. Will this cause any problem?

HOw about the folder named "System" is that going to be ok going onto the 3000?

Also, I am having some problem getting my files out of the Tyros into the computer right now. The program doesn't seem to be responding the way it should.

For some reason it is saying the midi device is not connected, when in fact it is.

So far I do at least have my registration files on the thumb drive, so even if that's all I can manage I hope to get an idea of what it will sound like loaded into the 3000 as is.

Scott

#192245 - 05/25/05 07:38 AM Re: Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Scott,
From what I know, you can't load Tyros Registrations in a PSR3000. It won't accept them. First, the sounds are not going to be correct even if you could because the locations in each keyboard are not the same and the styles also would be wrong because of locations as well. I've asked Yamaha about this and there is no conversion software available.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#192246 - 05/25/05 07:47 AM Re: Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
Dnj Offline

george is correct.......I would start from scratch on the 3k you'd be surprised at what you'll come up with.

#192247 - 05/25/05 08:19 AM Re: Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
From what I know, you can't load Tyros Registrations in a PSR3000.I've asked Yamaha about this and there is no conversion software available.

That's not true (at least not anymore ). Thanks to our resident Yamaha 'User Community' software programming expert, Michael P. Bedesem, it's NOW indeed POSSIBLE to convert registration files made on the Tyros , and load them on a PSR3000:
http://www.svpworld.com/util_regfix.htm

We the Yamaha arranger keyboard 'User Community' owe Michael a great debt of gratitude for all the useful (and many essential) Yamaha specific arranger keyboard 'utility software programs' he's given us (and FREE to boot), making managing & working with our arranger keyboards so much easier. Here's a listing of many of the wonderful (free) utility programs available for Yamaha arr keyboards: http://www.svpworld.com/psr_software.htm

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-25-2005).]

#192248 - 05/25/05 11:18 AM Re: Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Thanks for the update information Scott. I wasn't aware of this utility. Last time I spoke to Yamaha about this they were going to ask the PSR division if they could make this available, but someone beat them to it.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#192249 - 05/25/05 11:25 AM Re: Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
We the Yamaha arranger keyboard 'User Community' owe Michael a great debt of gratitude for all the useful (and many essential) Yamaha specific arranger keyboard 'utility software programs' he's given us (and FREE to boot), making managing & working with our arranger keyboards so much easier.

Amen. I could not agree more. In addition to his software, Michael has always responded to any question I have posed to him via email. Thank you, Michael, for all your contributions to Yamaha users.

Eddie

#192250 - 05/25/05 11:38 AM Re: Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Thank you, Michael, for all your contributions to Yamaha users.

Ditto...And I don't own a Yamaha keyboard.

I posted that I had a problem with starting one of his programs and out of the blue, I receive an email from Michael offering his assistance. I follow his advice and BAM, I'm back in business.

This guy is top-notch in my book!

-mike

#192251 - 05/25/05 12:06 PM Re: Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
Dnj Offline

GREAT!!! You learn something every day....but what about volume levels re: conversions....

Thanx Scott

#192252 - 05/25/05 01:39 PM Re: Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
We should not discourage Yamaha from doing a Registration converter. My program is really a workaround that addresses the major issues. Since Yamaha does not disclose the details of the registration file system (and changes it with each model), we do not know what all the bytes control. I have attempted to cover the basics, but I would not be surprised if some features did not update properly.

Having said that, I do not think you can get into trouble using RegFix. Just be aware that it makes no claim to being the perfect converter.

I do appreciate all the positive comments. Thank you. My objective, as with so many in this community, is to help where I can. We all benefit with the increased knowledge that comes from pooling our resources.

Regards,

Michael

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Thanks for the update information Scott. I wasn't aware of this utility. Last time I spoke to Yamaha about this they were going to ask the PSR division if they could make this available, but someone beat them to it.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

[This message has been edited by Michael P. Bedesem (edited 05-25-2005).]

#192253 - 05/25/05 01:50 PM Re: Want to take settings off Tyros and put into PSR3000. Help
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Michael

Once more I want to thank you for help Yamaha users with usefull softwares.

Chico

[This message has been edited by ChicoBrasil (edited 05-25-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online