SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#191643 - 08/22/06 11:33 PM how many christian music players/singer in here?
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
reading bruno123's topic "When do you stop playing music?" i was thinking what makes people (here and where ever) play, sing, compose and so on...
would be interesting to see, in every case, what exactly gives you the strenght to go on playing/singing until such honorable age of 81... really, i have the greatest admiration for our "forumists" here that are keep doing their music for such a long time! and i just hope i can go on until i'll be 81... but even 80 would be satisfactory...

so, for myself, beside playing keyboard for my own satisfaction, i try to send a message thru my music, and that gives me even more desire to go on! in my case - the christian message. i've been playin/singing in the church or different christian teams since i was 13. now i am 30 of age and i still do it. and i want to continue of course!

are there some other among us that are motivated also by such a conviction? i know there are!... but i don t know how many.

post please!

------------------
http://adimatis.uv.ro

#191644 - 08/23/06 12:59 AM Re: how many christian music players/singer in here?
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
I try not to preach to a captive audience especially to a captive elderly audience.
However I do sing christian songs wherever possible and let the musice do the talking.
I must say on the whole I sing conservative christian music alone with other songs.
By the way I am 72 years young.

Cousin Ken

#191645 - 08/23/06 02:03 AM Re: how many christian music players/singer in here?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have been involved with church music for years, as organist/music director/choir member, and soloist. This is addition to playing out as an one man band.

I am 65

#191646 - 08/23/06 02:19 AM Re: how many christian music players/singer in here?
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have been involved with Christian music at different times in my life. First with guitar then with a keyboard.

We all have a favorite type of music and style of playing. Christian music first came to me as country music, later it evolved into semi-rock. A poor choice of word but I have no other descriptive word.

I have a CD with Babbie Mason singing in a jazz style, sounds great. About 10 years ago a guitarist came to our church and played with a 50”s feel.

My question;
Have any of you heard or played Christian music played I a different style like Jazz, big band or music of the 40’s?
How do you play your Christen music?

John C.

Adimatis, I keep playing because:
1-I love it.
2-It’s me.
3-And to view it from a Christian point – It is a gift that God has given me, I must do the best of my ability, and I am to use it as long as He wants me to.
You see, I am not in charge.

#191647 - 08/23/06 03:43 AM Re: how many christian music players/singer in here?
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
i have been singing and playing in church since i was 8 for pleasure first and foremost and then as a form of ministry. Most of what i play is urban gospel music, traditional gospel and old classic hymns. I I play simply becuase i love the music and that love drives me to play. Simple as that

I am 37.

#191648 - 08/23/06 05:30 AM Re: how many christian music players/singer in here?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I learned to play organ, and was taking lessons, when I was in my twenties, but stopped learning after about 4 years. Just played a song or two every once in a while. Then I started attending Pentecostal services, and the music the worhsip team play made me want to start playing these songs. They play contemporary christian music. I call it Vineyard music. The "WOW Worship" CD's are typical of this type of music. I like Brian Doerksen and Darlene Zschech and her Hillsong friends. I don't have the chops yet to play in a service, but I love playing these songs. I'm 58.
Hi Spalding what's "urban gospel"? Are there any examples of this type of music? Midi files. etc.? Typical music singers or groups? What type of "Styles" would you use to play this music?

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 08-23-2006).]

#191649 - 08/23/06 06:27 AM Re: how many christian music players/singer in here?
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
hillsong is one of my favourites, and Shout to the lord one of the best albums, IMO. i translated alot of their songs for my p&w team, and i tell you, in here (romania, europe) was very very popular among young christians and in general pentecostal/charismatic churches!

i love all kind of christian music, but i play/sing and compose more pop, pop-rock, country, romanian folk.

is interesting to see that actually many of us have played music in the church sometimes along.

#191650 - 08/23/06 08:47 AM Re: how many christian music players/singer in here?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Hi Starkeeper. Urban Gospel music represents a higher form of "RnB" "soul"music with not just more conscious uplifting and appropriate lyricks but also a much much higher standard of vocals, musicianship and muic production production. Typical examples are Marvin Sapp, The minister John P Kee , Fred Hammond etc. Search on the net and you will find examples of the music. Go on GospelKeyboards.com and listen to the style of keyboard playing on there which is a fusion of jazz and RnB. The rhythms are very similar to contemporary soul but the chord progessions and structure, vocal harmonies etc are much more complex and jazz orientated.

It touches me in ways that other music just cant......

#191651 - 08/23/06 08:50 AM Re: how many christian music players/singer in here?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I'm also currently with a Pentecostal/Charismatic church. I play mostly contemporary songs such as those that Starkeeper's mentioned. Oftentimes I play for our small group and occasionally for the larger church. Been playing for the last 20 years mostly on weekends as a volunteer. Not professional level yet but trying to reach that level. I also had previous backgrounds with the "traditional" churches such as Baptist and Catholic and played music there as well in a band.

Currently also been composing some songs as well. I played PSR3000 and mostly performed in one mand band with me as the worship leader and a few singers. Occasionally in a band also.

#191652 - 08/23/06 11:48 AM Re: how many christian music players/singer in here?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
hillsong is one of my favourites, and Shout to the lord one of the best albums, IMO.

I love Shout to the Lord 2000.
Starkeeper

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online