SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#191612 - 05/28/06 08:39 PM So, what have I missed?
Composer Ryan Offline

So, what's everyone been up to lately? I recognize that many of the same members are still here so I wanted to catch up with you guys.

I did see that Yamaha released the Tyros2 - wow, I can't believe that they've already gone that far and I read that some of you guys here already bought one. Of course, Yamaha is my all time favorite...so, what do you guys think of the Tyros?

Also, at my workplace (Sears) we have these AWESOME JVC speakers here: http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027448&pathId=13&page=1 I brought my own music CD in with my original compositions and played it in the CD system and the sound quality blew me away! It sounded totally different than what I have here at home...why does this JVC sound so good? Do you guys happen to know what makes it sound so good? Is it the actuall watts or something else? When I play my music on my PC speakers the actual quality sounds "okay" but when I took it into work and played it on the JVC speakers, it sounded AWESOME.

Well, talk to ya guys later!

Ryan

#191613 - 05/29/06 01:22 AM Re: So, what have I missed?
Magica Alfa Offline

JVC speakers are very fantastic. I'm having good experience with them. I'm having LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X76 and works really well. JVC speakers Sound special. But I had also bad experience with other keyboards e.g. Triton Studio is responding different as on stage speakers. We are having 30 kW of power system. I’m having only with LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X76 good sound on JVC speakers and on big system. (Equal sound on low level and high level) You are having good listening on all frequencies.
GOOD SPEAKERS.

#191614 - 05/29/06 04:10 AM Re: So, what have I missed?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Magica Alfa.
I'd just like to wish you best of luck with the Mediastation X76

#191615 - 05/29/06 06:12 AM Re: So, what have I missed?
Magica Alfa Offline

DEAR Craig_UK

You must trie that thing. You'd never seen something like LIONSTRACS MS x76. Also not have good speakers or I had made mistake!

#191616 - 05/29/06 06:52 AM Re: So, what have I missed?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Magica Alfa
Type Mediastation into the search box on the synth zone forum, and you will find a load of posts about it, unfortunately most of them being totally negative.
However keep us informed how you get on with it.
BTW, Craig_UK did have one once.
Enjoy.

Bill

#191617 - 05/29/06 08:42 AM Re: So, what have I missed?
Magica Alfa Offline

Perhaps is poblem that sombody never use wright things. But for me personaly is MEDIASTATION GOOD thing. I'm playing a lot on stage with and system wrk properly. Problem is thinking of people. You must forget all old things. You are having new architecture. And here is a problme. How to use system. This system is good for small things (JVC speakers) and also for big system. You can conect directly. And you will see that is all possible. Problem is that new things are sometimese for people who not know problematic. You must to know how is with VST, GM, arranger midi setup e.t.c.

#191618 - 05/31/06 06:17 AM Re: So, what have I missed?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Magica I was one of the first people in the UK to buy one of these. I also work with sequencers, PC and Mac computers running loads of VST's at once as well as had loads of arrangers and synths over the last 25 years so I can easily get to grips with any new product I buy.
The Mediastation was simply the worst excuse for an electronic instrument I ever set my eyes upon. The reason for this was it now seems clear to me that Domenico sold me a pre-production model which obviously didn't work right, that's why they refunded me in full for it.
It has huge potential so for those who don't mind the poor quality styles and preset sounds but who want to use it for VST stuff, sampling and recording, if it works right for them then I'm sure it's good. It just needs time, money and more work thrown into it.

#191619 - 06/04/06 03:52 PM Re: So, what have I missed?
Composer Ryan Offline

Hmm...I've actually never heard of the Mediastation. The keyboard looks like it has a lot of options and I'm sure its good...I guess it's just a matter of opinion?

I like both Yamaha and JVC - I've been very impressed with those two brands. As far as keyboards, I am sticking by Yamaha for the REST OF MY LIFE because they are the best. Seriously, I am that impressed with my Yamaha. But, since we didn't have any Yamaha tabletop speaker systems at my work, the JVC seemed to sound the best out of all of them
(even better than the Sony...)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online