SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#191573 - 12/17/05 05:37 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Your voice sounds fine for country. I did not care for the harmony. I think it's distracting. Country songs typically do not have high/low harmony voices like that. If you're trying to "sound" country, maybe just one harmony. And maybe not in those places in the verse. Put it in the chorus.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#191574 - 12/17/05 06:21 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Very fine voice, nice tune but it misses a climax at the end,

Regards,
Arno.

#191575 - 12/17/05 06:39 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hi Squeak,
I agree with you. I even feel that my reaction was a bit hasty as I often call my dad to listen to my pre-finished compositions (However, I always finish them regardless of his opinion). Here at the Forum there is much larger auditorium and you can collect more opinions.
Best regards,
George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 12-17-2005).]

#191576 - 12/17/05 07:58 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Squeak

I listened. DonM described what I felt about your voice better than I would have, and I liked your tasteful harmony. The song has a good theme, and the story line is a good start.

Clif

#191577 - 12/17/05 10:40 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

I posted because I'm not a country singer and wanted others opinions before I continue with the song and finish it.

Why are you pussyfooting my friend?
Your voice has a certain individual quality and the only way to go is to FINISH the song before you ask for criticism.
My constant thought is "time is short"
(didn't realise I was a poet!)
Go for it and you may even boost your own confidence in your talent.
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#191578 - 12/18/05 04:00 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Squeak,

That unique voice quality reminds me of David Clayton Thomas (Blood Sweat and Tears). Could some blues be in your future? Give me your rendition of "God Bless the Child" or "Lucretia Mac Evil" I would love to hear your voice in that genere of music. Boy, those songs go way back!

Great job keep up the good work!

-Linda

#191579 - 12/18/05 07:00 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
Dnj Offline

One song does not make a singer ....
I would suggest you keep practicing because we all learn from repetition, pitch, timing, tempo, are crucial to a singer no matter what genre is exibited.......your voice is just another instrument that has to be honed to perfection & without that you cannot convey your message thru your soul to the audience....you'll know when its right & the audience will definitly let you know when its wrong Good Luck & thanx for sharing your project, hope to hear it when finished.

#191580 - 12/18/05 11:00 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hello Squeak,
Just listened to the song try out.
It sure sounds country to me and I do like your singin' as it is on pitch..

Like eddie said "finish the song" and let us enjoy.

One comment:
Since you want to keep the song as acoustic possible I would record without the delay/reverb. Sounds to hollow/bathroom like.
Your voice is good enough to do that.

You can allways add a bit echo later with software and keep the delay/echo in the back , not in the front of the soundspectrum.
(sorry , don't know how to describe this exactly in english.)
Voice first , delay/echo later.
It now sounds a bit as delay first and the voice follows.!

Look forward to hear the song when it's ready.

Fred

#191581 - 12/18/05 12:00 PM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
MrEd Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by squeak_D:
[B] ... Now this is my FIRST attempt at anything related to country style vocalizations...

- - - > Should I continue or don't quit my day job????? ... Squeak

Squeak:
The voice is pleasing. It has definite potentials.
You had said you were an at-home dad…Keep that day job. Its more rewarding.

Donny:
If the singer wants fame and followers, there’s probably room for another 1-song-wonder or two
One song might be all it takes. Remember Dr. Elmo (Elmo Shropshire) who made the song
“Grandma got run over by a reindeer” famous. That success is still thriving.
The stats on Elmo and the song are here:
http://www.drelmo.com/about.html

I think I'd rather have Dr Elmo’s overnight success. That would ‘buy’ be time to master my singing …
In the shower.

Squeak:
Keep the effort going. Maybe your beautiful little daughter will start up too.

#191582 - 12/18/05 04:28 PM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
lol

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online