SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#191563 - 12/16/05 02:06 PM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Is that really your voice? Your voice doesn't match your looks.
Sounds country to me.
Would like to hear you singing R&B and Hip Hop music.
Star

#191564 - 12/16/05 02:10 PM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Starkeeper, it's far from my usual singing voice it wasn't easy for me to sing that.

Keep the comments coming. All I want to add is when the song tends to sound (repititious) to you keep in mind (it's not finished), and the chorus/bridge/refrain, hasn't been added yet (still in the works)

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#191565 - 12/16/05 02:24 PM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Definitely repetitious, but nice country voice and good harmony. I agree with Rory, there's a Travis Tritt sound in your voice... would like to hear you do one of his songs. Go country, squeak, youre off to a good start.

Glenn

#191566 - 12/16/05 05:00 PM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Squeak,

The song's lyrics are just fine, but the song itself is very repetitious, almost to the point of being boring.

Now, onto the voice, which I assume was the main point of the post. Your voice quality is excellent. It is soft, has outstanding, soft tones, and is well suited to any form of music. However, I would not waste this wonderful talent on hip-hop. You have a lot of vocal potential, your diction is crisp and clean, and you seem to be right on the money staying on key.

As for quitting the day job--NAH! Stick with your schooling, when it's all over, get a great paying job and enjoy music as a sideline. Keep in mind I have been in this business for a long time, and it pays just about the same now as it did when I was a snot-nosed kid of 21 strumming a guitar in a hillbilly bar and singing my heart out. We're both too old for American Idol!

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#191567 - 12/16/05 05:29 PM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
jzzct Offline

the lyrics kept me listening and I was sorta "seeing a video" in my mind as I listened. I didn't think it was boring just thought it was gonna go to the "hook" when it stopped.

diction could be clearer in a few spots but maybe my ears are just getting old ; )

#191568 - 12/16/05 06:53 PM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Hmmmm . . . the first thing I did when I saw your post was to check out your profile. Why? Well, for my money, country singers have to have that Tex/Tenn/Southern sound going for them. And the only way I think you can get that properly is the natural way (yeah, I know there are those who bang out hits and were born a long way from Nashville). So looking at your profile, I see you're in West Va. Well, hell, that's close enough for me. You got da voice for Country, my man!

Now, the song itself. A lot of people here are saying it's repetitious, etc. Well, come on guys, the man only got on it this morning and as he says - it's a work in progress.

Squeak, I've no doubt that when you've got a complete song with verses, hooks and a bridge, and the full instrumentation happening, you're going to have a very good end product. You're definitely heading in the right direction. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 12-16-2005).]

#191569 - 12/16/05 11:22 PM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I'll echo many of the replies already given. You have a very good voice and it works really well for this type of song. Just spice the actual song up a bit, and I think you have a winner.

AJ

#191570 - 12/17/05 12:17 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hi,
Well, Squeak, you asked for honesty and here is my opinion:
I wonder why you offer an unfinished song. You are afraid that it might not worth working it to the end or what? The song sounds very good so far.
As a composer in my free time, I have my own imagination how the chorus sounds. Do you mind if I try to compose my own version of the chorus? I promise I won't post the result anywhere - the song is yours after all.
Regards,
George

#191571 - 12/17/05 03:54 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
The song was an off and on piece for me throughout the morning. I'm also an at home dad so there were "frequent" breaks in the writing process to chase down my 3 year old I wasn't sure how I wanted to bridge to be, so I just focused on the verses for the time being.

I posted because I'm not a country singer and wanted others opinions before I continue with the song and finish it. You know how it is..., we write a song and think WOW! how great that sounds (to our ears), but to others they may say "what the hell were you thinking man?".

You're more than welcome to work with it as is anyone here on the forum.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-17-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#191572 - 12/17/05 04:41 AM Re: My first attempt at Country Singing. All please have a listen and comment.
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sqeak
I couldn't believe the tearful quality of your voice. Truly suited to a country lament. Although you could handle any ballad,you sure have a flair for country.

Go for it.
Bernie

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online